cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Dropouts - Firmware DNS issue?

fedup2020
Hooked

Re: Hub One Dropouts - Firmware DNS issue?

I've posted in another thread - and am not sure if they refer to the same issue for an update.  Repeated issues with dropping out for whatsapp and wifi phone calls.  More recently problems with a work laptop not working over wifi (ok on ethernet), and my security cameras not pushing notifications

Can you help/ push the update please?

weststreet78
Dabbler

To help you troubleshoot, connecting via ethernet did not resolve the problem I was having. Your problem sounds different (unless you're using a VPN client). The only remedies for me were either a hub reboot or manually assigning the DNS settings. Try manually assigning your DNS settings (see above in thread) to confirm the problem. Good luck.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@JonPlus & @wpault - I've pushed an update to your routers. You'll need to power off/back on at your side to apply it.

@weststreet78 wrote:
@bobpullen any chance of organising a national firmware update as @wpault suggested?

Should start early next month all being well 😉

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

wpault
Hooked

Thanks. I have applied the update and will monitor the results over the next week or so.

ydnaio

Hi @bobpullen could you possibly push the update to me as well as my router is also dropping out.
Thanks in advance.

wpault
Hooked

One week on, I estimate that my router's DNS failures have reduced by around 80%

I am still occasionally getting them, but nowhere near as often as before.

charliecambs
Dabbler

There seems to be a continuing problem with the wifi drop out/no connect 

I see a new (289) firmware is mentioned when is this coming as I am currently looking at BT Hub 6 swap in total frustration to this being fixed.

As I long term customer i have always been impressed by Plusnet customer services when i have had issues . This one has affected me and my son ( who i suggested to go to Plusnet)

In order that he could complete his time targets ( business accountant) i've given him a business hub i'd bought.

I would expect to be compensated for this by contacting customer services as it'll cost me two BT hubs.

What planned release and confidence in the"final" update or are we all BETA testing!!

charliecambs
Dabbler

Well thought I’d try separate naming of  bands.

Tried logon using new 5ghz and correct password. Everywhere now " authentication error"

This is ridiculous

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@ydnaio - I've pushed an update to your device. you'll need to reboot to apply it.

@charliecambs - your symptoms do not match what is being discussed in this thread, however as per the other discussion you've posted to - I have also pushed the update to your router.

Hope it helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

charliecambs
Dabbler

Hi 

I will reboot tomorrow and see if firmware offers solution. I haven't split bands on hub 1 as it seemed worse after i did.

The loss of 5ghz internet available shows on two laptops but still says connected but limited access or no internet access.

The amazon devices do usually find 2.4 ghz instead but often restart was the only way to get everything back. 

Not sure if this is relevant but....

I have now got a HH6 in my garden room as a router and wap connected using ethernet via two un-managed switches to the Plusnet Hub 1 

I currently have the amazon devices which disconnected from 5Ghz and my phone a few feet from hub 1 is showing " can't authenticate connection" however near the garden room it happily connects to the HH6 on both 2.4 and 5GHz.

I seem to recall that when i had a spare  hub one as router /wap wouldn't connect showing the authentication error when the main hub 1 had disconnected 5 GHz.

brilliantrob

@bobpullen 

Hallo Bob, I'm having the same frustrating wifi drops as everyone else with the firmware:

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Are you able to push out an update for me?

Many thanks,

Rob

wisemk

@bobpullen 

Hello Bob,

I am having the same issues. I went live on 10/03/21 and WIFI has been dropping since day one.

Could you please push an update to me as well.

regards,

Mike

2000sj
Dabbler

@bobpullen 
I wonder if you might be able to try your fix on my Hub One router please. 
It has software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 and I’ve been having drop outs where the hub light is blue but it’s not connected to the internet. I couldn’t access the router home page by WiFi but Ethernet seemed to work. Rebooting the router worked for a few minutes before dropping again and similar after resetting the router. 
Its currently working, but I don’t know why or for how long it will last. 
Thanks
sj

hiranhirani

Can you kindly push an update to my router too? I am experiencing a numer of drop-outs during the day.

hiranhirani

@bobpullen 

Can you kindly push an update to my router too? I am experiencing a numer of drop-outs during the day.