cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Dropouts - Firmware DNS issue?

jbv

Re: Hub One Dropouts - Firmware DNS issue?

Hi Bob, 

you seem to be the clever one around here and i am hoping you dont mind me hijacking this conversation with the problem i currently have. 

Basically all access to any microsoft site ie hotmail, bing, teams etc fails but everything else works fine. This is from all our home devices. I spoke to plusnet today and they apparently did something with DNS at thier end...it fixed my problem for 30 mins or so, then it just returned the same...#

any ideas???

Tracing route to hotmail.com [204.79.197.212]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 5 ms 5 ms 6 ms dsldevice.lan [192.168.1.254]
2 10 ms 9 ms 10 ms 172.16.14.211
3 * * * Request timed out.
4 13 ms 13 ms 12 ms 136.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk [195.166.143.136]
5 14 ms 14 ms 12 ms core1-BE1.southbank.ukcore.bt.net [195.99.125.130]
6 69 ms 14 ms 16 ms

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@jbv for the purpose of this thread - the Microsoft access issue should be resolved now. It was down to a rogue routing advertisement out on the Internet.

@weststreet78 whilst it's disappointing it took so long to get to this stage, I'm really happy to hear you're problem's now resolved Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

AaronM87

Hi Bob, I seem to be having a similar issue to this. My service only started yesterday but so far my phone has constantly lost connection to the router. My iPad was working fine, but this morning it lost connection and now when I try to connect it tells me the password is incorrect!

When I try to connect to 5ghz I can connect to the router but the Internet is not available. It hasn't really been a great start to being a new plusnet customer tbh lol.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@AaronM87 different issue. More likely related to this.

I've pushed an update to your router that should help. You'll need to reboot at your side to apply it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

490B

Without repeating all the gory technical details - DNS on hub one only working briefly after reboot, then staggers along with numerous host lookup errors in the browser. Manual config of clients to use PlusNet DNS servers instead of router IP solves the problem but only works on devices where this is an option. Phone support has offered no solution other than replacement hub which has arrived and been tested and shows same symptoms. This and other threads suggest it is a firmware issue (which is entirely logical) and that a fix is available. Phone support say they cannot do this (odd?) but I note that people are getting it resolved via this forum.

Thus - please can I ask that a firmware update be applied to my Hub One?

(Status is: Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated Unknown)

If you need more info to do this then just ask.

Thank you in advance.

weststreet78
Dabbler

Sounds like you're having the same frustrating problems I had. @bobpullen is the man who can help you. He can update your firmware remotely because he's awesome. You can potentially try getting someone from Plusnet customer support to do this. To help, the firmware I'm running now is: Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.285. An encouraging observation supporting the efficacy of the firmware update to resolve the DNS issue I was having is that my current DSL uptime is 69 days!!! Hope @bobpullen can sort it out for you.

Cheers,
Steve
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@490B - update pushed. You'll need to power the router off/back on at your side to apply it. Hope it helps!

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

rosslister84

Hi Guys,

I am having the exact same issue as people are reporting here, constantly having to reset router or devices dropping off the wifi using the mobile data.

Would someone be able to help me out, am using the Hub one router.

Thanks

JonPlus

@bobpullen any chance you could do the same for me? we seem to have the same problem here! thanks!

wpault
Hooked

@bobpullen Hi, can you push the firmware upgrade to me too. I am having the same problem. I am currently on v. 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

PS. Rather than waiting for individual customers to contact you separately, why don't Plusnet push the router upgrade to everyone?

weststreet78
Dabbler

@bobpullen any chance of organising a national firmware update as @wpault suggested? Or at least proving training to the Plusnet customer service team. I'm sure the few of us on this forum are not alone. Resolving the entire nation's dropouts would be heroic @bobpullen!
wpault
Hooked

It would be heroic indeed. And it might persuade many, like me, who are getting so fed up with a lack of response, from vowing to leave plusnet once there current contract is up
wpault
Hooked

I can't edit my post to correct the grammar!

It should say "their" not "there" 😀

weststreet78
Dabbler

Meh. I'm a Chemical Engineer. I don't care about spelling. I just want to see a solution.
lbshrop

Hi Bob,

I have been having similar problems with the router dropping out on a regular basis, daily sometimes more than once, and I am surprised that PlusNet have not made an update available to download to sort it out as it seems to beaffecting a large number of people. I would be delighted if you were to work your magic ie firmware update for my hub but I am somewhat reluctant to publish my IP address on a public forum. 

L