Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - Disppointing?

royalbi
Dabbler

Re: BT HUB 5 Turning Off REMOTE MANAGEMENT

ok Ill except what you say !

BUT As I Have said before the line doesn't drop the router stays blue despite the logs!

So In simple terms why am I getting log entries all day all night and when it stops, pages load  NO Waiting!

Because it seems to me your not helping anything - NO explanation for 40+ pages in 8days except the logs aren't sinister!

Have you seen all 88pages I sent to PlusNet?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The line *is* dropping every day or so. I can see it in our RADIUS logs, contrary to what the lights on your router may or may not be doing.

Happy to offer comment on any problems you may be experiencing, but you'd need to elaborate. The fact you have pages of router logs is not, in itself, a problem.

No, I've not read through all the logs you sent to our help desk.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

royalbi
Dabbler

Well it seems the router logs and router lights are of No Consequence and have little or No bearing on what is happening at your end!

So why do the routers have logs? and the lights just tell you its ON!   Brilliant!

So Do I Have a Router Problem  or is this the Norm for Fibre and if so why have PlusNet sent me a new router?

Seems to be a severe lack of Coherence from the Tech Guys and the Community! or is this just me again!

Totally Confused with NO Answers to why I experience 10sec page loading times - Upload speed decay! and it for some reason coincides with RM connections! - What do you expect me to say!

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@royalbi wrote:

So why do the routers have logs?

Eh? Just because routers have logs, doesn't mean anything it's logging has any bearing on your problem Huh

The logs can be useful in diagnosing particular problems, when they're not misinterpreted. For some types of problem, they're all but useless.

So Do I Have a Router Problem  or is this the Norm for Fibre...

I have no idea, because at present you've provided very little detail on what the problem actually is? So far, all we have is:

... speed faults, dropping faults re-booting faults, slow page loading in browser.
... on Laptop this morning lags 10 second to load a page
... I experience 10sec page loading times - Upload speed decay!

It's all very vague, and whilst I'm sure you don't intend it, it's making it difficult for anybody here to offer any worthwhile advice.

• What speeds are you getting? How does a speedtest run here differ to your estimate from here?
  • Your router hasn't rebooted in at least ~3 days because your connection has been uninterrupted for that period of time.
  • When the problem occurs are you connecting wired, or wirelessly? If wireless, then you need to try a wired connection to rule out flaky wifi connectivity being the cause.
    Alternatively, when you're experience these 10 second load times, try opening a command window by holding Windows and 'R' keys on the keyboard, type 'cmd' - minus quotes - and press Enter. Once opened, run an extended ping test to your router by typing the following and pressing Enter:

ping 192.168.1.254 -t
    Leave it running for a bit and note the response times. They shouldn't be much more than a handful of milliseconds. If things start timing out or go into the hundreds of milliseconds, then you've problem with the local connectivity to your router.
  • What web browser/devices are you seeing the slow page load times? Have you tried alternative browsers/machines, and are you doing anything else at the time page loading is slow? i.e if you're uploading flat out, then your download speeds/response times are going to suffer - that's to be expected.
  • Regarding the upload 'decay', again - what speeds are you seeing and how are you measuring them? Again, if you're uploading a lot of data, the rate returned by a speedtest will be much lower.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵