cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Advanced User Guide?

nigelmercier
Grafter

Hub One Advanced User Guide?

Is there an Advanced User Guide for the Hub One? Preferably a proper one that I can download and read offline, it's pretty pointless having these guides as web pages!

I need to know stuff like changing the router IP address, configuring the DHCP server, and providing a fixed IP address for a given MAC address. I also need to open some ports for a Windows Home Server.

I should add that I haven't received my H1, but can I plug it in when it arrives, or should I wait until my fibre activation date?

4 REPLIES 4
Timalay
Grafter

Re: Hub One Advanced User Guide?

I don't think Plusnet offer one as such.  The manual I got with my Hub One was a quite basic.  You best bet would be to research the BT Home Hub 5a (which is the Hub One for BT).  You may be able to a lot more information for your needs there.  You can plug it in straight away if you want, as it's based BT Home Hub 5, an has both ADSL and VDSL modems.

nigelmercier
Grafter

Thanks, searching for details under HH5A has answered all except one: can I change the default address from 192.168.1.254?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've not actually tried this with my Hub One, but can you do that by logging in to the router, going to 'Advanced Settings' > 'Home Network' > 'IP Addresses'

Seems to have the options for the Hub IP Gateway Address and the DHCP Network Range.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Have a look in Advanced settings, Home network, ip addresses. However be careful, not sure on the Hub1, but the HH5 reserves the first 64 addresses, so if you do change the range to some that is not one of the default choices it may not work.