Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - Admin Login Error

GioC
Grafter

Hub One - Admin Login Error

Hi there,

I am trying to find out if there is a known issue or if it is my computers at fault as I seem to be getting an error when trying to log into my Hub One router.

I am going via Chrome and IP 192.1.168.254 and keep getting the white error page with a message saying "Your Internet Access Is Blocked", and some other bits, I have attached the error page here.

I have tried the following:

Win 7 laptop - Connected via ethernet = Above error

Win 10 desktop via ethernet = Above error

Mobile phone (Android), Chrome = Seems to connect

Different browser with both computers = Above error

I have Kaspersky so I disabled my AV and made sure that the firewall was disabled also = Above error.

I went to another property today that coincidentally also had a Plusnet Hub One router and tried the same there with my laptop = Above error, but with my mobile, it worked.

The common denominator here is that both desktop and laptop have Kaspersky IS (even though I have disabled them when I try), even though the OS's are different versions.

Any advice would be most helpful as I have no idea how to get past this problem, or what I am doing wrong.

Thanks guys.

4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Hub One - Admin Login Error

@GioC wrote:

Hi there,

I am going via Chrome and IP 192.1.168.254 and keep getting the white error page with a message saying "Your Internet Access Is Blocked", and some other bits, I have attached the error page here.

Is that a typo above or the address you are trying? The actual address is 192.168.1.254

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
GioC
Grafter

Thanks for pointing that out, yes it was a typo. It should have been 192.168.1.254... As you can see, the process of one losing their mind is well on its way with me! 🙂

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @GioC,

I'm sorry that you are unable to connect to the router's admin page from your laptop and desktop. As it's working on your Android device and that you experienced the same issue when trying to connect to somebody else's Hub One, it sounds like it is the antivirus that is leading to this problem.

Although you have disabled the antivirus software, this can still flag things up and can prevent certain things from opening properly. Unfortunately we can't offer any support with the specific antivirus software that you're using but please can you try adding an exception for any pages starting with the 192.168.. and let us know if this resolves the issue.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

@GioC

I use Kaspersky and have no problems. Are you using the latest version? If you renew a Kaspersky licence the version doesn't automatically update. The way the licence works is that it works on any version. This was brought home to me a bit back when a neighbour had a problem and I noticed that they had an up to date licence but was still running the 2014 version. So I would go onto, I think, this site and make sure you have the latest version https://support.kaspersky.co.uk/updater3. 

Failing this I would remove it and re-install with the latest version from the Kaspersky website to make sure that there are no problems. When you remove Kaspersky you are given the opportunity to save your licence details. If you select this the new installation works seemlessly. I do this every year when a new version comes out.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'