cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Address Range

renowden
Hooked

Hub One Address Range

Hi - we have recently switched to a fast fibre service and had a Hub One delivered. It all seems good for what we want except it won't let me change the LAN address range to what we were using before. It may seem trivial but it avoids us doing a lot of work changing a load of fixed IP addresses on difficult equipment.

I am trying to set 10.0.0.1/24 (Mask 255.255.255.0) for the router (then I will set 4-100 for DHCP). but it bleats about the address. It is a perfectly valid address range - what is wrong please?

4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Hub One Address Range

The hub one is a rebadged BT HH5 and it will not allow 10.0.x.x as a subnet. See here https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/HomeHub5-10-x-x-x-IP-addresses-are-invalid/td-p/1046568

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
renowden
Hooked

Ah thanks. That would explain it. So the child is being held back by the parent. Although +Net don't do Wi-Fi sharing (sometimes called BTWi-Fi, BTOpenzone or FON) they are constrained by using the same hub.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

they are constrained by using the same hub.

They are not constrained as such. It just makes economic sense to share development effort in terms of router firmware and hardware provision.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.