cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One 5Ghz Not Working

FIXED
remikz

Hub One 5Ghz Not Working

Although all my devices can see the 5Ghz network from my Hub One router, they can't connect to it.

Restarting the router resolves this for a while, but then it returns to being unconnectable.

19 REPLIES 19
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Hub One 5Ghz Not Working

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router..
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Fix

Hi @remikz, I've issued a replacement router for you so we can troubleshoot this further. Feel free to get back to me either via the ticket I've opened or PM me here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team
remikz

That's great, I'll let you know when I've got it and have set it up.

s7eveyorkshire
Dabbler

What distance as its only realistically same room range and also how can you see the 5ghz? have you split the channels as uf not you wont see the 5ghz and also if you do a router reset it puts it back to auto channel so try not to... if you need more range jump into the router and lower the speed a notch and will give it a boost on range Smiley
remikz

Hi, that fixed the problem, thanks for you help.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I'd suggest keeping an eye on things. Your problem sounds very similar to this.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Dorriganates

I'm having problems with my router 5Ghz not working, 2.4Ghz keeps randomly disconnecting on some devices, when going to wifi on the devices it says the password is incorrect even though its always been connected & the password hasn't changed  

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Dorriganates see the thread I linked to in my earlier reply.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

blurred1978
Hooked

Hi,

Literally getting thhe same issue with 5gz for 2 weeks now. I'd already looked at the issue in 2019 - and we've had the 2.5ghz/5ghz split for some time due to wireless problems with some devices.

As far as I can tell the only thing that fixes it is restarting the 5ghz (we have the  firmware as issued in 2019 supposedly to fix this (as listed in the link someone provided above)

Occasionally we'll have a connection but no routing from 5ghz to internet or other local network devices suggesting a firmware/OS issue. (A ful lreboot works too but obviously simply resetting the wifi/router everytime it fails is not convenient).

I am posting this on behalf my dad whose now the account owner (though I was the previous account holder for many years up until 2012 - as I've been living back home for a while due to bad health).

IS there any solution that doesn't involve spending money? I have a lan connection to the router, so largely only affects phone connection but both of my parents use wifi and the 5ghz is obviously more useful if someone is streaming.

Thanks.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@blurred1978 does the serial number of the router end '012'? If so, you do not have the firmware referenced in the thread I linked to.

Happy to see if there's anything I can do to help one way or the other.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

blurred1978
Hooked

We have Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 27/01/19 which was the one being upgraded to in the 2019 thread that I found with the same issue. If theres a newer one?

blurred1978
Hooked

As far as technical detail is concerned I work in the field so pretty comfortable playing with settings and resetting it all etc, I used to use my own router prior to moving out - thjey have since upgraded to fibre of course, if I owned the connection i'd have considered buying a new router but i'm not and they're retired. I had already bought a new wireless card for my dads pc when the last one kept dropping, in the end we found his just wouldn't work with 5ghz properly and kept dropping and when they had the same same it caused problem - hence why we seperated them a while back. So we use different SSIDs for each band range.

But this issue has been pretty consistantly a problem for the last 3 weeks. I wasn't able to force it to another channel either even though it said it did. Though it seems to have using the smart wireless changed channel itself finally. (about 4 networks use the same band and though they might play nice, I'd prefer less overlap (one of them is the SKY TV boxes that run their own internal mesh network)

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@blurred1978 wrote:

We have Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 27/01/19 which was the one being upgraded to in the 2019 thread that I found with the same issue. If theres a newer one?

Yes there is. If you reboot the hub, you should find that it's now on .273.

Hope it helps.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

blurred1978
Hooked

Hello,

Thankyou, I have now done this and it has upgraded, I'll see how it goes. Interestingly the wireless stayed up 12hrs without dropping last night. I think that was more luck than anything.

Daniel