Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
Kes1
Dabbler

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

I've been on .273 for 12 days but now the chrome book will not connect to 5ghz (it says Error configuring network ).
The mobile phone will connect ,but the throughput is slow (1.0 mbps )
Will rebooting help ?
androidtanmay
Grafter

Have been on .273 firmware for 1+ week and the 5 GHz was stable. But since yesterday experiencing the complete drop of internet connectivity on both 5Ghz and 2.4 GHz bands and the router light will turn orange with broadband light either flashing or static red. After some attempts the connection will restore only to drop again. Have experienced same today as well.

Not sure if this is due to .273 or any other issue?

Regards
androidtanmay
Grafter

**Update**

2.4Ghz channel has become practically non usable with speeds less than .1 Mbps while 5.0 GHz channel still holding upwards of 28 Mbps. Not sure what is happening

Regards
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@androidtanmay I've taken a look into this for you from a broadband connection side of things rather than Wi-Fi. Your connection does seem to be dropping rather frequently, as shown by the graph below:

Line tests aren't showing the cause for this so I'd recommend going through the troubleshooting steps explained Here and then report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net so we can investigate further, potentially arranging an engineer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gerard_q
Dabbler

I'm on update .273 as well. We are having intermittent issues that have got a lot worse in the past few days ( internet knocking off every 20 minutes or so).

The hub shows devices and connected with a blue light, but this will eventually change to orange. The hub then when restarted requires me to login with my Plusnet details and this works until the next outage.

Recently in the last day, it is constantly getting disconnected even after a factory reset. After it goes down the option appears to sign in stating that the account isn't logged in and when connect is clicked it works. I have change the lease time to 21 days to see how this goes.

The logs before the outage are as follows:

16:42:48, 27 May. ( 3683.610000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
16:42:48, 27 May. ( 3683.590000) CWMP: Server URL: https://dbtpnhdm.bt.mo; Connecting as user: ACS username
16:42:48, 27 May. ( 3683.580000) CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '4 VALUE CHANGE'
16:42:43, 27 May. ( 3678.480000) Device disconnected: Hostname: Unknown-​7c-​bb-​8a-​ac-​04-​b7 IP: 192.168.1.67 MAC: 7c:bb:8a:ac:04:b7
16:42:38, 27 May. ath10: STA 7c:bb:8a:ac:04:b7 IEEE 802.11: Client disassociated
16:42:18, 27 May. ( 3653.300000) CWMP: session closed due to error: Could not resolve host
16:42:18, 27 May. ( 3653.230000) CWMP: Server URL: https://dbtpnhdm.bt.mo; Connecting as user: ACS username
16:42:18, 27 May. ( 3653.220000) CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '4 VALUE CHANGE'
Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.
androidtanmay
Grafter

@Gandalf

Thanks for looking into this. Have connected the router to test socket. Tried opening a fault but couldn't complete the form as the page kept hanging in between and resetting Sad

Regards

Kes1
Dabbler

*update *
The wifi disconnected overnight and when I just reconnected the chromebook is now connected to 5ghz again .
I had not rebooted the router.
The throughput has gone back to normal ( which I'd posted on the throughput issue thread ).
Yesterday someone was doing a lot of uploading for work on the cabled computer.
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Good afternoon, @androidtanmay Smiley I can see you managed it in the end, your fault is raised on the account and after testing it'll go to our Faults Team. Thanks for your patience.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team
androidtanmay
Grafter

** Update **

@Gandalf 

Hi Gandalf, i have managed to open a fault on the link you mentioned, however not sure of some of the steps as the trouble shooter kept mentioning BT Modem. I do not have any BT modem just the PN Hub 1 and assumed that the troubleshooter is referring to that. Also on the phone line i do not have a handset to actually test the dial tone so just said it is fine to move ahead. Also the dial up connection to setup using PPPoE the instructions was for old version of windows and win 7. I am on win 10 so not all steps were as per the troubleshooter. 

Basically not entirely sure if i followed the steps verbatim and correctly. Hope this does not affect much. Please let me know if anything is to re-done

Regards

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @androidtanmay thanks for the reporting the fault. That's fine, some of the steps in the broadband troubleshooter are out-dated a little unfortunately. With regards to checking for dial tone you did the right thing selecting the option for your phone's OK as the phone line will be checked as part of a broadband fault anyway. 

I can see that we've automatically run a line test today following the fault being reported and the tests have detected a line fault we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. Could you reply to this ticket Here with 2 or 3 timeslots when you would be available? The available timeslots are between 8am and 1pm, or 1pm and 6pm.

Because of the CV-19 situation, the engineer will do their best to investigate the fault with your service externally without going inside your property and will take every precaution if they do need access and they'll agree this with you beforehand.

If you can drop us a reply back here once you've responded to the ticket we'll pick this back up as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sullys666
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Because of problems with the 263 firmware. I decided to split my wireless connections not long after getting fibre. Everything was fine until last weekend when my wife's Nokia 3, my son's iPhone and PC kept disconnecting from the wi-fi.  

When I was looking in the settings after posting on the forum, I noticed that the connections had merged somehow.

I split them again, and everything seemed okay until earlier this evening when my wife let me know she was having problems with the wi-fi again with her new Samsung A20.  I checked on the settings again, and noticed that only the Sky+ Box was connected to the 5gHz, and not the Samsung TV we have which I had connected as it's in the same room as the router. I had to reconnect it.   My Samsung A10 only connects to the 2.4 gHz, will check with regard to my wife's A20.

Any reason the 5gHz wouldn't show on Samsung devices, or indeed disconnect from them?

allanlewis

Hi @bobpullen - I'm experiencing precisely the same problem, but turning 5GHz off and on doesn't resolve the issue: I have to reboot the router. Can you please also push the test update to my router?

For now, I'm connecting everything to 2.4GHz, but I'm also considering buying a new router - if I have to do that I definitely won't be staying with Plusnet at the end of my contract.

Thanks for the very detailed post, much appreciated, but it's frustrating that its taken so many months of investigation to only - please correct me if I'm wrong - get a test update released to a small self-selecting sample of customers.

westcoaster
Grafter

After the .273 firmware deployment on 1st May, devices can connect no problem to the 5GHz radio but throughput has decreased a bit - 20mbps compared the 60mbps on the 2.4GHz radio. Not nearly as bad as others in the forum but not great as I'm only a few feet away from the HubOne. The only other fault is that an iPhone has to reconnnect every time the screen is unlocked. 
I bought a Netgear access point and coverage throughout my house is much better, and every device can connect no problem at all.

Now, if my broadband connection would stop dropping as often...

mallow1

I am having all the same problems as so many others!  Switching off the 5 GHz Wireless is not a valid long term solution, and a solution I am not willing to live with. 

How can I request that I am updated from Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 to the latest?  AND ...  does it solve the problem?!

Alternatively any suggestions for a different replacement router altogether? 😀

Thanks

Andloughlin

Hi @bobpullen i have been having the issue with the 5GHz for several months now but believing it was just moaning teenagers did nothing until recently when I have found this thread.

I have had to turn off the 5GHz to keep devices connected but have complaints now from teens about slower speeds, can you update my firmware please with the .273 test.

thanks

andrew