Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

FIXED
glb123
Hooked

Re: Hub One - 5GHz WiFi issue

Hi Bob - I'm on .263 as well and having 5ghz problems - can I have the update please? Many thanks. 

Snarf
Grafter

@bobpullen
Any chance I can get the update pushed to our account? The original thread exactly describes the problem we're having with our laptops.
gabsyspur

Hi Bob,

Please could you push the update to my hub too. I am on 2.6.3 and 5ghz keeps asking for password. Resetting router helps for a bit but then the problem comes back.

Thanks

DangerDonna
Dabbler

Hi Bob

I’ve been having issues with the 5Ghz too could I also have this update? Thanks
ScubaSquirrel

Hi Bob,

I too have been having the same issues and my Hub One Router is running the 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 software. Would it be possible for me to have the update. Many thanks in advance.

1. Brief description of the problem, and how is masquerades itself. What are the symptoms? How frequently does it happen?

The first symptom is that the wifi connection will slow considerable, then it will report that the device (be it a phone, laptop or desktop) will report it is still connected to the internet but no internet connection.

1. Do the devices having problems appear to be connected or associated with the hub?  Is the hub status indicator normal/blue when the problem occurs?

No warning lights appear and the hub stays blue throughout

1. Do you have the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels merged (default setting) or split (different wireless network names)? If the networks are named differently, does the problem only affect the 5GHz network?

I believe that the problem is only the 5GHz and they are split.

1. Once the problem occurs is it persistent?  Do you have any devices wired to the router and does the problem affect them at the same time?

The issue only clears if the router is rebooted. I have two wired computers which will run with no issues while the items on the wifi are disconnected.

1. Are you able to reproduce the problem reliably? Do you think you have a way of triggering it? [for example waking a specific device from power save mode] 

It happens at least once a week but i don’t think it is reproducible

1. Is the problem always resolved by rebooting the hub?  If so, how long does it take before problems recur? 

Once the router is rebooted it will run for 3 to 4 days usually before occurring again.

1. If specific devices are always impacted when problems occur, please provide details of which devices are impacted and which aren't i.e. manufacturer, model, variant and operating system version.

Iphone 7 & 6

MacBookPro 

IPad

Kindle

Advent Desktop running windows 10

1. Have the devices experiencing problems recently received any patches that might correspond with the time the issue first occurred?

I don’t believe so

1. Please provide a description of your home network setup and all devices in use including whether or not you're using any additional switches, Powerline adapters or wireless access points.

2.4 GHz network

Iphone 7

Iphone 6

Ipad

Kindle

5 GHz Network

MacBookPro

Windows 10 Desktop

I was running one power line adaptor but that has been removed with no change.

pipofstars

@bobpullen 

I have been having all the issues described in your first thread post, it sums up my problems perfectly.  My Hub One Router is running the 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 software. Would it be possible for me to have the update. Many thanks in advance.

jackkiely

Hi @bobpullen,

I am also having connectivity issues with 5GHz wifi on Plusnet Hub One - Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263.

Could you push the update to my device too please? Thanks.

lifehealthcare

Bob, is works! super!! Thanks for the update!!

mike360
Grafter

hi @bobpullen  can i have the update please my Plusnet Hub One Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 Last updated 22/11/19

kakho

Please can I request the update for my hub one router as I have the symptoms mentioned in this thread. My Hub One Router is running the firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Thank you
JezOwen
Hooked

I've now left plusnet because of the poor customer service. I can't believe people are still having to come to this thread in order to solve this issue. If I was you, I'd leave. I stayed with plusnet for nearly 10 years due to the excellent customer service but have left becuase it is now so very bad.

I would like to thank Bob Pullen though. He was fantastic and sorted this issue out for me with the software update. Shame he is the only person at plusnet who has any interest in resolving this situation.
kakho

@bobpullen

Please can I request the update for my hub one router as I have the symptoms mentioned in this thread. My Hub One Router is running the firmware version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263

Thank you
j-d-b
Hooked

Hi

@bobpullen  can I have the firmware update pushed to my router please. Ongoing problem with my 5ghz connection. Thank you in advance.

kcrussell
Dabbler

@bobpullen I'm having persistent 5GHZ problems. Please can I have the firmware fix? I'm on 4.7.5.1.83.8.263
Thanks
rowleyway

Hi @bobpullen 

I'm on  4.7.5.1.83.8.263 and have persistent problems connecting to the 5GHz wifi

Can you please push the update?

Thank you

To answer your questions:

Brief description of the problem, and how is masquerades itself. What are the symptoms? How frequently does it happen?

unable to connect to 5GHz wifi from all devices

Do the devices having problems appear to be connected or associated with the hub? Is the hub status indicator normal/blue when the problem occurs?
Status indicator is blue. No device connected to 5GHz. Devices that do not connect to 5GHZ are all connected to 2.4GHz without problem.

Do you have the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels merged (default setting) or split (different wireless network names)? If the networks are named differently, does the problem only affect the 5GHz network?

2.4 and 5GHz are split; names are different; only 5GHz is affected

Once the problem occurs is it persistent? Do you have any devices wired to the router and does the problem affect them at the same time?

Only started after a recent intervention by PlusNet to resolve loss of connection.

Are you able to reproduce the problem reliably? Do you think you have a way of triggering it? [for example waking a specific device from power save mode]

No

Is the problem always resolved by rebooting the hub? If so, how long does it take before problems recur?

No, problem persists after reboot.

If specific devices are always impacted when problems occur, please provide details of which devices are impacted and which aren't i.e. manufacturer, model, variant and operating system version.

All devices fail to connect to 5GHz wifi 

Have the devices experienced problems recently received any patches that might correspond with the time the issue first occurred?

Not sure I understand

Please provide a description of your home network setup and all devices in use including whether or not you're using any additional switches, Powerline adapters or wireless access points.

Wifi connections to 3 laptops, 2 phones, 1 Amazon fire TV stick, 1 Amazon Kindle