Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 1

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Hub 1

I'm guessing the Hub 1 is old now & soon to be retired? I mean it can just about share an FTTC connection between a couple of devices but it really struggles with transferring files within your LAN peaking at under 3Mb/s.

Is the BT Smart Hub any better or do you really need to look at buying a higher end piece of kit?
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Hub 1

@southerner 

The Smarthub 6 wireless is better. The Hub One will transfer data up to 1Gbps over Ethernet so presumably it's wireless problems that you have. Bear in mind that 3MBps is 24mbps so unless you are using the 5GHz band the best you will do in practice is double it plus a bit.  

Can you not use Ethernet for data transfer between devices? 

Have you split the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Hub 1

Thanks for the info @Baldrick1
I'm only using wireless for my phone and have my other equipment cabled.
Maybe I'm missing the weak point in my setup being having a USB2 memory stick connected to the router's USB port and copying large files to this to stream on my TV? This is where I'm seeing the just under 3MBPs where with another router I saw double this with the same USB stick. My network almost grinds to a hault when copying large files from my laptop to the stick. Is it maybe because the router is only running SMB1 and also doesn't offer FTP support? I wonder, is there anyway to change either of those 2 things?
I noted also the router doesn't handle torrenting very well either only offering just under 1/2 the download speeds the other router did. Maybe also it doesn't handle multiple connections so well?

@bobpullen Would also appreciate your take on this. I remember you being involved with Hub One issues in the past.