cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 1 still in BST would a change be possible?

ajordan74
Hooked

Hub 1 still in BST would a change be possible?

Hi
Back in the last time change my hub 1 needed altering to move the time to BST. Now the times have changed again my router is still in BST. Any chance it could be moved to GMT please
Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Hub 1 still in BST would a change be possible?

@ajordan74 

I have just looked at my computer and noted that it's still on BST. I then looked into my Smarthub (rather than Plusnet hub) settings and noted the the time server is set correctly and the event log is recording the time correctly.

I then looked at my PC settings and that is set to switch over from summer time courtesy of Microsoft..

Then it struck me to look and I note that the USA do not put their clocks back until this coming Sunday, that is, a week later than us so I am assumimg that this will be put right this coming weekend.

Presumably Windows is using it's own choice of time server in the USA rather than using the Smarthub time. Presumably there is a setting somewhere in Windows to change this, I have never looked.

Whether your time problem is the same?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 394

I noticed on Sunday that my Win 10 lappie hadn't changed to GMT. I believe there was some issue about it not changing if the system wasn't running at the time change. Disabling  and re-enabling the automatic time setting fixed it.

https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/some-windows-10-clocks-didn%E2%80%99t-%E2%80%9Cfall-back%E2%80%9D-here...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ajordan74
Hooked

No has I stated I had a problem with the router in March moving to BST. It was fixed by Plusnet but now I have the problem moving back to GMT. Its definitely a Hub 1 problem and there is no setting to alter the time on this router. I notice it because I limit the internet to my children using the router
mort7890
Pro
Fixes: 4

I  had no problem, mine changed okay and is set at the correct time.

ajordan74
Hooked

Mines still 1 hour out
markhawkin
Pro
Fixes: 12

@ajordan74 

Have you tried a power cycle (turn it off & turn it on again) ?

My guess is that the router won't remember the time but on power up it will request time from the network.

I am the satisfied customer....
ajordan74
Hooked

If only I had thought eh? Thanks loads powered off and on now correct time. Question is why?
ajordan74
Hooked

I spoke too soon. After reboot it showed the correct time. However 5 mins later it went back 1 hour in front.