Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei HG612 and Ubiquiti USG on VDSL

FIXED
rosstooke
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Huawei HG612 and Ubiquiti USG on VDSL

I've tried all sorts, and I can't get these to work together.

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8
rosstooke
Dabbler

Re: Huawei HG612 and Ubiquiti USG on VDSL

One thing I have just noticed, automatic setup is turned on for my account.

The HG612 has options TR69 but I am better off turning auto setup off, and trying to enter the bridge settings myself?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Auto setup will only work with a PlusNet supplied router e.g Hub One. AFAIK HG612's would normally be in bridge mode by default ( unless perhaps it's been unlocked?) . So all you should have to do is configure the Ubiquiti WAN connection for PPPoE with your plsunet credentials.

Ah! I seem to remember from a previous post that the WAN on the USG defaults to DHCP and you can't change it until it's registered itself!. Which is Catch22! , you need internet access for it to register but you need PPPoE to get internet access...

Have you got another VDSl modem/router you could use temporarily, just plug the USG into one of it's LAN ports and it should be able to get internet access to register itself, Then you can configure it for PPPoE and use with the HG612.

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rosstooke
Dabbler

Thanks.

I had the USG up and running on a Netgear DM200 so it should already be registered.

I kept getting a line fault though, so I'm trying a different modem to check the DM200 wasn't the issue.

The HG612 is unlocked, but it is using the default settings.

I'll try turning off the autosetup feature on my account and see if that makes any difference.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

but was the DM200 in bridge OR router mode ? If it was in router mode then the USG would have worked using DHCP on it's WAN. The HG612 will probably be in bridge mode and therefore the USG will need changing to PPPoE

I'm pretty sure the autosetup won't make any difference, whilst the HG612 may have TR069 support it will NOT be configured to connect to the PlusNet servers, and if it did manage to somehow, they wouldn't recognise it anyway as it's not one of their supplied routers

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rosstooke
Dabbler

I tried the DM200 in both modes, but it was in bridge mode when the USG was connected.

I'm not sure the autosetup thing will make a difference either, but it can't hurt to try it. I think I've tried everything else!

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

In that case the USG shouldn't need any changes. TBH I've not used either the HG612 or the DM200 myself. I did think about an HG612 when I switched to Fibre, since my router ( a Draytek 2830 ) wasn't VDSL capable. In the end I went for the TPlink W9970 in bridge mode as the modem and it's worked fine.

This thread https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Securing-HG612-modems-in-Bridge-Mode/td-p/1415870 may be of help with the HG612 , it gives the setup information for the HG612 in bridge mode. 

rosstooke
Dabbler

Fix

Finally got it working...

by putting in the right username! Crazy3

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Smiley