Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the latest firmware update?

FIXED
grahamt
Rising Star

How to get the latest firmware update?

I saw from another thread in this forum that the latest firmware version for the Hub One is 4.7.5.1.83.8.259.1.1 and that this version has been (or is being?) pushed out from early in September.

My Hub One has firmware ......237.2.2 with 'Last update: unknown'. The router is fairly new (I've had it a couple of months) and I switched it off for a fortnight when I was on holiday in the second half of September, so maybe it's not surprising that it hasn't yet been updated.

I can't find any way within the settings to request an update, so could someone arrange for it to be pushed to me? I've resisted my natural inclinations and have not changed any of the settings(*), so I'm hoping there will be no technical problems with the update.

(*) Slight correction: as I was looking through the settings I did just now dim the light from standard to low, but I'm assuming that won't make any difference to the update process.

44 REPLIES 44
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: How to get the latest firmware update?

If you sit tight, the update will reach you eventually. Are you experiencing any particular problems?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

grahamt
Rising Star

No - no problems at all. I just wondered if, by switching my router off at a time when updates were being pushed out, I might have missed the boat.

Thanks for the reply, Bob. As long as you're confident that the update will get here eventually, that's good enough for me.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

@grahamt, as I'm currently fiddling with the hardware management platform, I've just pushed the update to your device. It will have rebooted briefly so apologies if you were in the middle of anything. Shout up if you have any problems with it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

grahamt
Rising Star

Thanks, Bob. Helpful as always. I'm away at the moment but will check and report as soon as I get back.

rthomp804

Hi, I too have old firmware.  What does the new version fix? and when might I get it?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Main differences are DSL and Wi-Fi driver updates. All being well the firmware should be deployed in full by November. That's assuming no issues along the way though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

grahamt
Rising Star

Returned home yesterday to find a reassuring blue light on the Hub One. All seems to be working fine in normal operation, and the version number emds in 259.1.1 so the update has happened.

From what Bob says above about the differences I'm guessing there are no release notes for the new firmware. Is that right?

rthomp804

I still haven't received my firmware update.  I'm hoping it might fix some issues, when may I expect it?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Tagging @bobpullen for visibility 

Thanks,

MoR

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@bobpullen wrote:

All being well the firmware should be deployed in full by November. That's assuming no issues along the way though.

In way of an update: the rate of deployment has been slowed so we're unlikely to hit this date. About a quarter of 'in-life' devices have been upgraded so far.

@grahamt wrote:

From what Bob says above about the differences I'm guessing there are no release notes for the new firmware. Is that right?

Nothing I'm able to share I'm afraid.

@rthomp804 wrote:

I still haven't received my firmware update.  I'm hoping it might fix some issues, when may I expect it?

I've just pushed the update to your device. It will have rebooted so apologies if you were in the middle of anything. Out of curiosity, what are you hoping it will fix?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

rthomp804

I've just rebooted it thanks!  We seem to have occasional drop out which we not notice on wired devices but on wifi.  Yet to determine if it is the service or something else but it seemed a good place to start.

Stanpit

So when can we anticipate the firmware update to be complete?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Stanpit, I'm unable to provide a revised date at present, as there's a few things we need to look into before we continue in earnest.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Katie114

Hi, could someone update the firmware on my Sagecom 2704N Router.  The firmware version we have is 7.273.1_F2704N_Plusnet and hopefully the update will resolve a recent issue with the slow wifi speeds, despite the router not being moved, yet the Ethernet connection is still fine.