cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download full router log?

Lucy
Grafter

How to download full router log?

On Plusnet Hub One, is there any way to download the full log? Copying page by page is rather cumbersome, there must be a way to download the lot in a few clicks.

New router and I still can't find my way around it very well. Thanks for any suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5
Razer
Grafter

Re: How to download full router log?

I would hazard to say you can't. The place the button should be is blank with the PN hub. For some strange reason, PN seem to have seen fit to remove the option for customers,  Where the button should be is immediately to the right of the Category drop down box. If you have a BT HH5 (which is what the PN hub is based on), you can connect that and use it. That at least has the Save the Event Log button.

Lucy
Grafter

That's right. The only way is copy screen by screen and paste somewhere else. At least it is possible to see the logs several days back, but the information is severely limited.

Anyway, I had to go back to the Technicolor as the router supplied by PN (for which I had to tie myself into a 12 month contract) was unsuitable for this line and only made the fault worse. CS wouldn't even bother to look into the problem to check it wasn't a firmware issue.

The information available in PN-supplied routers is pathetic. Silly way to go about things, to hide information that would help them to identify / solve fault. 

Razer
Grafter

Companies don't want informed customers. They prefer to keep them in the dark in order to allow the distress of lack of understanding or insight make them give up and not bother phoning, or if they do phone, that their lack of information means they can't dispute the scripted rubbish that is fed to them (usually by people who are equally uninformed). Anyway, the HH5 isn't much better for lack of information.

How do you run fibre on the Technicolour? 582n, right? I didn't think that was a fibre router.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a thought @Razer, I think it would be in a companies interest to have informed customers, that way it would make fault diagnosis quicker and in theory would only result in a call to support when they themselves had exhausted all avenues knowing that to fix the issue they were having was out of their control.

Razer
Grafter

How refreshing that would be!