cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Hub to Bt hub?

Ukstevo7

How to change Hub to Bt hub?

I have had Plusnet for few months and it’s not playing Netflix fast at all, it’s playing great on some Netflix apps via sky, but try Netflix on Samsung hub, Xbox or ps4 and it’s running at 2mbps even tho the Netflix test says 70mb

I can’t find away to fix this and I’m sure it’s this rubbish hub. I have never had to change them before, had sky and bt, but Plusnet is not great.

How in very simple terms can i swap and use my old bt5 hub? I just want to try something as this is driving me mad. I can’t find a simple step by step fix.
If anyone can help please do so as this is like dial up at times.
6 REPLIES 6
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: How to change Hub to Bt hub?

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

It is quire simple, just need to enter your username and password. Not sure which BT Hub you have, but look at the thread aboe yours, link here.

Ukstevo7

I have the bt hub 5.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

The Plusnet Hub 1 is a rebadged BT Home Hub 5A so using your BT hub may not help you at all. If you want a better router the BT Home Hub 6 Business version is recommended by other Plusnet customers.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@Ukstevo7 

Whilst the Hub One hardware is the same as the HH5a the firmware is different so it's worth trying.To do this you must first unplug the Home Hub 5 DSL cable. Then enter your Plusnet user name followed by @plusdsl.net and your account password. Save this and only then plug in the DSL cable.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Ukstevo7

I got the hub 6. It’s so much faster, from 25 mb WiFi speed to over 60 now. They really do send you a junk hub