cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How the heck do I turn off BT WiFi FON on Home Hub 5 Type B on PlusNet?

FIXED
very452001
Grafter

How the heck do I turn off BT WiFi FON on Home Hub 5 Type B on PlusNet?

Someone please help me.Huh

4 REPLIES 4
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Re: How the heck do I turn off BT WiFi FON on Home Hub 5 Type B on PlusNet?

You seem to have an old version of firmware, which should be updated at some stage. But from memory, advanced settings/wireless somewhere. On newer firmware a factory reset will switch it off.

very452001
Grafter

Ok so a newer firmware which allows me to turn that option off yeah?

Is there anything i can do to force the download of the update?

BT WiFi FON allows random people outside by my house to connect to my internet slowing it down or even maybe possible doing dodgy stuff using my internet. What the heck was BT thinking in their minds when they thought up of this feature?
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Fix

I have only ever had a HH5A, it appears to be a little different from your type B. Older versions of Type A had an option under advanced settings to turn off BT WiFi, newer versions of firmware have no soft option to switch it off, and is controlled under MyBT, but would revert to off with a factory reset.

You cant force an update, it will happen, but looking over your previous posts it seems relatively new firmware, an upgrade will happen when it happens.

As for BT WiFi, it is their way of offering so many WiFi hotspots around the country, but can only be used by BT Customers with a BT WiFi login, and usage is limited and is very unlikely that you will notice as you traffic will be prioritised.

very452001
Grafter

Surely there must be easy hacks out there to bypass BT WiFi login. Unless it is fool proof?