cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for a router to arrive after being dispatched? New customer

plsdeluno
Dabbler

How long does it take for a router to arrive after being dispatched? New customer

Hi please can anyone help me with the above question? I have just received an email to inform me that my router has been dispatched today (26th Oct) it states it will take 3 to 5 working days, is this usual? I go live on Friday (28th Oct) Usually when I have switched providers I receive the router at least a week before the go live date.

How quick can they be delivered? As tomorrow is my last day with my current supplier and I think that if it doesn't arrive tomorrow then I will cancel and stick with my current provider.

Any advice welcome

Thank you

16 REPLIES 16
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: How long does it take for a router to arrive after being dispatched? New customer

AFAIK they're sent 1st Class post and so SHOULD usually arrive the following day. Again, they're meant to be small enough to be put through a letter box but my experience is that it varies from postperson to postperson. Mine have always been taken to the sorting office if no-one was in.

PlsuNet don't insist on using their router, so depending on your current supplier and router it MAY be possible to reconfigure your existing router if your new one doesn't arrive.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plsdeluno
Dabbler

Re: How long does it take for a router to arrive after being dispatched? New customer

Thank you for your help. the router has just arrived five minutes after posting this. But my email states that it has just been dispatched today. All happy now, so the only thing that remains is hope my connection is equal or better than my current provider. That is another doubt I have should there be any difference for the same standard broadband because as far as I know it is just a name change in changing the supplier, the line is the same line. I am only guessing.

Anyway the router has arrived so I am happy.

Thank you

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Glad the router arrived, strangely I've had a despatch notice for my router ( a Fibre upgrade ) today for an activation on the 3 Nov.

If you're changing from an existing provider that uses BT Wholesale then it shouldn't change at all. If you're coming from an LLU provider e,g Sky or TT then it could be different since, although the physical line is the same, they use their own equipment in the exchange and so performance can sometimes be slightly different.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plsdeluno
Dabbler

I am coming from Sky, I didn't realise it could differ from one supplier to the next. I will have to wait and see, but in your experience is the speed and stability likely to change much?

Thank you 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear the router has arrived. Apologies for any concern caused by the dispatch notification going out late.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
plsdeluno
Dabbler

Thank you.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I am coming from Sky, I didn't realise it could differ from one supplier to the next. I will have to wait and see, but in your experience is the speed and stability likely to change much?

I don't have any personal experience I'm going from anecdotal evidence from previous forum posts I'm afraid.

You should have been given speed estimates when you signed up and assuming they are similar to those your were achieving with Sky then you should be fine.

plsdeluno
Dabbler

Thank you .

caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

My router is shown as despatched on the 27th Oct & the YouView box on the 28th. The YouView box has arrived but no sign of the router which isn't a problem as it's just to replace an existing PN 2704N router.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

The router hasn't arrived yet so if it's not here tomorrow we'll have to chase it up as it could have gone astray.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak): Full quote of preceding post removed as per the forum rules
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Looking at your account you don't appear to have taken a new router Huh

We marked the YouView box to be dispatched on 27/10/16 and it got dispatched the following day. However I can't see any mention of sending you a new router on your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Hi from Plusnet. Your router is in the post, it'll arrive in a few days.

27/10/16 18;10

Says the text message.

We had a text message on the 28th Oct saying 'Your TV package has been despatched and your tracking number is etc'

The YouView box arrived yesterday & we're very pleased with it but when we got the text we assumed that the router was because we'd started another contract & the fact that BT are no longer supporting their VDSL modem.

The router isn't a problem, we only started looking out for it because of the text from PN.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Apologies for any confusion caused by the text message. Unfortunately our systems advise of routers when ideally it should say hardware. It's likely the text was sent in line with us marking the YouView box to be dispatched.

With starting a new contract, you are still eligible for a new router within the first 3 months, however you'd also have to pay the £6.99 P&P cost. If you'd like a new router, please give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 and they'll be able to get one sent out and take the P&P charge.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

I do seem to recall the person I spoke to mentioning £6.99 router postage.

We don't need a new router, our system has always done everything that we've wanted it to do & we've never had a single problem.

We'd only consider upgrading the router if the performance was substantially better than what we get with the 2704N.

Thanks for clarifying the confusion about the router delivery.

P.S. On balance, for £6.99 we could get a new router & keep the old one as a spare.