cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I flush the DNS cache on the hub?

Fishers38

How do I flush the DNS cache on the hub?

Have some strange DNS looking issue, I can flush the cahe on the computer, but they get their DNS entries from the hub.  So I need to clear that next

6 REPLIES 6
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: How do I flush the DNS cache on the hub?

Hello @Fisher38,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. Unfortunately you are unable to flush the DNS cache  on a Hub one.

Can you expand a little bit more on what your are seeing that's strange and what DNS address that you are getting.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's Note(s)

Thread moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fishers38

I have 2 machines.  When I access my work webmail form one it is fine, from the other I go to the old server and my email is out of date.  The supplier says this is a local DNS problem and the cache should be cleared. Both are windows and I have run IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS on both - no difference.  Next stop try the router as both say they use the router for DNS.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sounds odd. Could I ask what you mean by old server? That may suggest you're looking at a newer server on the computer which is working fine, I think. Let me know if I've misunderstood.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

It would help to know the URL/Web address for the webmail service?

From a command line you can run:

nslookup <webmail address>

If the same results are returned by both of your machines, then what you're looking at is nothing to do with DNS.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Fishers38

The problem is now resolved.  Both machines connect to the correct webmail server.  I tried resetting both DNS configs to use 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 last night, and this didn't correct the problem, so I'm guessing that the router is eliminated, but I'm none the wiser as to the cause.

Thanks for you interest and help.