cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homehub kept dropping with Iphone and Ipad - BT Homehub 5 seems to have sorted it!

lancs_lad

Homehub kept dropping with Iphone and Ipad - BT Homehub 5 seems to have sorted it!

I wasn't sure about adding this to ongoing posts but thought I'd start a new post as it may help someone. I moved from BT earlier this year and have suffered numerous dropouts on wifi using 2 different iphone 6S's and an ipad although my Dell laptop has been pretty stable.  For the last couple of days even the laptop has had issues with connection even though the router was showing connected.I separated the 5 ghz and 2.4ghz channels ages ago which didn't solve the issues.

Anyway I decided to dig out my homehub 5 from BT and connected that and (fingers crossed) we seem to have been trouble free since.

Setup was pretty easy apart from me forgetting my password which was solved by a support telephone call that was answered almost immediately.

I do hope this helps anyone with similar issues.

2 REPLIES 2
Phillip
Dabbler

Re: Homehub kept dropping with Iphone and Ipad - BT Homehub 5 seems to have sorted it!

Were you using the Plusnet One hub when you were dropping?

If you were, it's because it isn't capable of handling uploads to the cloud. It drops the line if you are communicating with iCloud and uploading, say images.

PlusNet are aware of this and say that a software release will fix it, but I'm still waiting.

I froze all iCloud synching (photos) and the dropping stopped from once every 10 minutes to no drops for weeks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Homehub kept dropping with Iphone and Ipad - BT Homehub 5 seems to have sorted it!

Thanks for taking the time to post @lancs_lad

I'm happy to hear your BT Homehub 5 have fixed the issues you were having.

@Phillip I've replied to your post over here: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Plusnet-Hub-One-Noise/m-p/1455952#M3550

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet