cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Wifi

Terpsic

Home Wifi

I am new to all of this wifi chat so please bear with me if some of my questions and understanding seems a bit vague.

Plusnet have supplied me with what I believe is a Realtek router, it's white with all the green lights on the top front. No antenna.

Which until a month ago was supporting during the day one PC, an old Ipad mini and one mobile phone. At night the same plus a Smart TV viewing BBC Iplayer.

Now I have all the above plus a Mircosoft Surface Go.

The problem I have is when the PC the Surface Go does not connect to the internet and the PC stops accessing the internet.

If the Surface is on first and working OK when I turn the PC the same occurs.

But turn one off and all is ok with whichever is left on.

Yet the Ipad and phone still connect all web pages regardless which is on or off.

I have tried accessing 192.168.1.254 to see if there is any help or update available. But I cannot get beyond the first page.

My Broadband speed is on average a massive 3.

The system is all wifi with all the filters in place.

Can anyone advise, in simple none techy English what I can do to fix this problem. 

2 REPLIES 2
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Home Wifi

Hi there and thanks for your post.

Are you able to to connect your PC into the router using an ethernet cable then go to the router settings at 192.168.1.254 navigating to Advanced Settings > Wireless to change the wireless channel?

Let us know how this goes or if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Home Wifi

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine