Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Network Icons

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Home Network Icons

In the home network area of the router, all connected devices are shown with an icon. Some of them are allocated a phone icon, some a pc icon, some a laptop. Some are allocated a question mark. Is there a way, once I have identified the device, to allocate a icon to the connection? For instance, the Sky box and Now box both show as ?, as is my chromebook. The icons are obviously auto generated somewhere, which stands to reason there must be a way to allocate them somewhere, but I sure can't find it.

Ta

Mark

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Home Network Icons

I use a BT business smarthub. In that I select Advanced Options/My Network,  highlight the device I want to change then select the icon. A drop down list appears with alternatives. I can also change the device description.

It might be worth seeing if this works with yours.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Home Network Icons

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It doesn't appear to be a option on the residential hubs. I have been able to re- name all the devices, just annoying to see things marked as something they aren't. If the hub is "smart" enough to allocate icons, they must be available somewhere for us mere mortals?

Mark