cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Hub 5 not accepting Username

Tom2000
Hooked

Home Hub 5 not accepting Username

My Broadband stopped working so I am trying a different router before requesting an escalation of fault. BT Home Hub 5. I have reset it both at control panel and recessed button at back. I have gone to Advanced and in input my username@pndsl.co.uk. And password. The message comes up username incorrect or not supported by Home Hub. It doesn’t contain any peculiar characters and is in put on my old router. I verified the password with support yesterday. Any ideas? PS. I have read the Sticky.
8 REPLIES 8
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Home Hub 5 not accepting Username

The username doesn't seem right to me, IIRC it's in the form username@plusdsl.net.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

My guess is that you have missed out a vital step.

Unplug the DSL cable (that's the one between the router and your BT socket BEFORE inputting your Plusnet credentials. Then whilst the router is showing 'connecting' plug the DSL cable back in.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Tom2000, as @Browni has advised, the correct username format is username@plusdsl.net

If the issue still persists once the new router is connected and you have completed all other troubleshooting, please raise a fault and if you drop us a message once done, we'll pick it up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Tom2000
Hooked

Thanks everyone. I will tackle this again when back in the office on Monday morning.
Tom2000
Hooked

The router rejects the user name even when off line.
Tom2000
Hooked

The username format is as on my original router. I suspect it is because this is a resold account.
Tom2000
Hooked

I connected my original router this morning and got a very slow unstable connection. Whilst sitting there contemplating things I had a go at the HH5 and changed the username to xxxxxx@plusdsl.net and it connected, with the same low speed, 283 kbps. I have logged the fault.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us Tom.

To investigate further could you send me a PM with your account username please?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet