cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

richard67

Help

Please can anyone help me as i'm getting to the point of no return !!!

I currently have the Hub 2 router which works ok but has it's moments on a number of occasions, I have my lights and other devices connected and all in it works but sometimes there are issues.

Following a lot of conversations with plusnet it seems that I need to split the bands to allow me to designate what goes on what band, sadly this is something that plusnet neither provide or are intending to,

One of the support team I spoke to said to opt for a third party router and suggested using netgear, that is where I need help as in which one ?????? With my lights and other devices I have around 70 devices that work off wi-fi so need something that can handle that many but a router that is able to work and connect with plusnet...

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated....

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title/text edited as per Forum rules.
3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Re: HELP

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
C1Rider
Grafter

You will have found out by now that most lights,sockets etc. all use the 2.4Ghz band so you don't have a choice with them.

Whatever else you have, RaspberryPIs for example, can use both 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz so they could be set to 5.0Ghz using their mac address.

The above is speaking generally.

Regards..

richard67

Yep, there is a fair few devices that are attached to the 2.4ghz band, I ran a few tests to highlight what was doing what which led to the determination that a number of devices needed to be designated to the 5ghz band only.

Not sure as to how to change mac addresses on certain devices, it would make life easier simply to assign to a designated band width.

Thanks for the advice

Richard