cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with setting up a simple wireless printer please - going mad!

audreymellin

Help with setting up a simple wireless printer please - going mad!

Had Plusnet Hub One installed in our new home yesterday and really struggling to set up a simple wireless HP Deskjet 2600 printer to the network via WPS. The broadband is ok. The printer tries to connect but gives up. Is it me or maybe are they not compatible? Sorry not really tech savvie but not the first time I have installed a printer in this way. Many thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Help with setting up a simple wireless printer please - going mad!

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @audreymellin, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear of your printer woes this afternoon.

Setting up wireless printers isn't something that we directly support - but we'll certainly do what we can to direct you to the right help.

We'd firstly advise having a look at HP's support pages which can be found here.

Please let us all know how you get on.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@audreymellin Welcome to the forum.

How were you previously using the printer? If it was using USB it might still be trying to connect that way.

Have you tried setting it up as shown here? https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjfi_7m_dXl... to get this to work you may need to select it with a right click and select open in new tab.

If this fails you could try a factory reset and try setting it up from scratch,  see  http://hp-123.support/hp-deskjet-2600-hard-reset/

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

fwiw, if you know the wifi SSID (name) and passphrase from your old wifi router, it may be easier to just change the wifi settings on your new Plusnet Hub On to match your previously wifi router.   Your existing HP printer may then connect successfully to the Hub One.  I would edit the 2.4 GHz wifi settings to match previous wifi router.

You may wish to separate the 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless too by assigning different names too.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/2-4ghz-and-or-5ghz-best-practice/td-p/1351950

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-