Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with my netgear R8000 nighthawk router

FIXED
Highlighted
Fixes: 1

Help with my netgear R8000 nighthawk router

Hi, I am very new to plusnet (1 MONTH) and I have been experiencing  issues with speeds and poor connections, mainly due to 2 PS4, Xbox1, various phones, tablets and smart TV's all fighting for connection. After reading several articles I have purchased the above R8000 but I can not get an internet signal. I have followed the instructions verbatim to no avail. I am sure it will be something simple, however I am beaten and frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 129

Re: Help with my netgear R8000 nighthawk router

@Martyn1978  Welcome to the forum.

The Netgear R8000 is a router, you need a combined moden/router.

You need to either get a separate modem or configure is as an access point and connect it to the Plusnet hub. If you do this switch off the Hub One wireless.

Highlighted

Hi, thank you for the advice.  I don't really want to purchase something else. How would I configure it as an access point? I have it connected to the plusnet hub through the yellow ethernet connection. Is it as simple as just turning the  wifi off and hey presto?

Highlighted
Hero
Fixes: 129

@Martyn1978 

This should help you:  https://kb.netgear.com/24104/How-do-I-change-my-Nighthawk-router-to-AP-mode-after-I-ve-already-run-s...

Apart from switching off the wireless in the advanced wireless settings no other changes are required to the Plusnet hub.

Highlighted

Many thanks. I shall give it a go tonight. Fingers crossed!

Highlighted

Fix

Mr Baldrick1. You are a God amongst men. All up and running. Thank you sir. 

Highlighted
Pro

Surely then @Martyn1978 that the Fix should go to @Baldrick1 if it were his efforts that resolved this for you. Wink