cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with 2704N router - cannot do my job.

venom44
Dabbler

Re: Help with 2704N router - cannot do my job.

Thank you for your input. I hadn't grasped the ADSL and upload speed limit. Interesting as it might well be the selling point for fibre.

Thank you also for your helpful guides and posts on the forum, acros which I have come several times already!😀

venom44
Dabbler

Oh, thank you for the clarification. You will have guessed I am not British-born. Helpful to be remembered that the initial is a bonus - and that it has the elegance of not being called hyper-smart-pretty!😊

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @venom44 

I'm sorry to see the issues you're having with your service. Looking over your connection, things certainly have taken a turn for the worst since Friday as we can now see a lot of drops. I've attached a picture below showing them:

I'll be happy to arrange for an upgraded router (Hub One) to be sent free of charge, if you'd like one from us.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
venom44
Dabbler

Thank you for your message. Oh, your pitch is good. Now I feel like aiming at a second-hand BT Home Hub 6, if only before stepping up to fibre. Did you also have the problem of the wifi connection disconnecting repeatedly? If so, did the 20% increase in speed succeded completely in solving that specific issue? 😊

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Just realised I forgot to include the picture of your connection

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
venom44
Dabbler

Dear Anoush,

Thank you for this update and information. I am keen to stay with PlusNet. As they do not provide fibre in my area yet, trying a router seems to be a good option indeed. I appreciate this offer and your customer service.

Thank you PlusNet!🌟

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @venom44

I've just ordered the router now. Let us know how it goes once you've got it. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
venom44
Dabbler

Dear PlusNet,

The router you kindly posted arrived today - under 48 hours. Sveral hours on and there haven't been any cuts yet (download and upload speed are similar to previous router). Thank you very much for you efficency! 😊

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Excellent! Thanks for the confirmation @venom44

I'm glad to see that the new router's working a lot better for you Smiley

No problem at all, let us know if there are further issues or anything else you'd need help with.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet