cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please

sare
Hooked

Help please

Apologies if I’ve put this in the wrong area but I’m hoping someone can please help me ok so I’ve been with plusnet many years moved a couple of times never had any issues it’s always gone smoothly I’ve moved again taken my services with me activation day is today phone line on and working ect router plugged in blue solid light so connected yet I cannot connect and devices through wireless not my laptop or any phones I’ve gone into the hub and it’s saying all connected to internet I’ve called plusnet who couldn’t help me test router as he said systems were down he said he had logged it and someone would be in touch they haven’t so I logged a support ticket got a reply back saying my router is in configuration mode and to log into my hub manually enter my details and I will be online I’ve done all this and it’s saying connected yet I cannot get internet up and running please can anyone help me thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Help please

As a first step, try connecting your laptop via an ethernet cable. This eliminates any possible problem with wireless, which has caught me out in the past!

sare
Hooked

Hi many thanks for reply been trying for hours pulling my hair out now tried with cable too when I’m in my hub where it says my services it says internet connected then where it says broadband user name it says setup@plusdsl.net that’s with me logged in I’ve tried to put my user name instead of where it says setup and it just won’t log in now 😕
sare
Hooked

I’ve put some screen shots in my images if your able to view I’ve set it to public
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@sare 

You have to disconnect the DSL connection, just take the plug out of the router, before changing your username and password. Plug it back in when the hub is trying to connect.

Also note that it can take until midnight on the activation date for things to be fully set up despite emails being sent out in the morning.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

sare
Hooked

Hiya thanks for reply I’ve just tried what you said nope nothing won’t even log in yet if I log in with setup as username it will log in a hub shows solid blue light I’ve not even had an email to say broadband been activated they only sent a text message to say my landline was live so I checked that then it was my router was plugged up was flashing red then when I logged into the hub it showed blue it’s saying connected to internet on there but nothing on laptop or phone sorry for wobbling on been trying for hours many thanks for your reply
sare
Hooked

Just thought i would post an update got really fed up with it last night slammed laptop lid down , not 10 mins later daughter came down stairs , all phones and laptops had connected,  then an hour later router was still connected but all devices again no internet this went on most of last night , then this morning i tried to log into my router with my username again still would not do it , would only log in with setup@Plusdsl.net , keep trying and i finally managed to log in with my username its now been on for 6 hours and all is good Smiley Smiley