cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help my kindle fire will not connect wirelessly no more

Kerrikk

Help my kindle fire will not connect wirelessly no more

Hi i need some help my sons kindle fire will not connect wirelessly to plusnet hub one it was connected this morni g now it just says authentification problem its not on airoplane mode its not restricted in any way it will just not connect to wifi any ideas anyone
3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Help my kindle fire will not connect wirelessly no more

Hi @Kerrikk

Welcome to the forums.

The Hub One is really a rebadged BT Home Hub 5 Type A so any issues are better addressed by googling for them using the Home Hub 5 in the search , not the Plusnet Hub One.

This is from the Amazon help https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/?forumID=Fx3RLE6WY0PI1B4&cdThread=TxXQK2R... which may help you.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Has your WiFi password changed recently and hasn't been updated on the Kindle? Even if not I found pressing on my router in the WiFi list on the Kindle and selecting 'forget', letting it get re-detected and entering the WiFi password afresh often did the trick for me.

BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi Kerrikk,

What you need to do is perform a factory reset on your router as the password in your router is not matching which is causing the authentication issues.

To find out how to perform this reset please go through this link https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/ select the hub one router and then scroll down to the last drop down which says how to reset my router and this will guide you through the process.