Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help added hive camera made internet unstable/ slow

Sparkrace22
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Help added hive camera made internet unstable/ slow

If you have subscribed to Hive for your camera then the recordings are stored there
I personally do not subscribe as I just use the 24hr period. So if nothing activated then no recordings saved
Pretty sure the problem just lies with your router, as I know since changing mine, my issues have ceased
Catpuss
Grafter

Update my new BT hub6 has been working ok.....but lost WiFi twice now in the last couple of weeks , and it is still effecting Hive, you would think that when it reconnects hive ( x1 bulb , heating and camera ) it would just reconnect but it doesn’t it knocks out the bulb and heating keeps the camera on. I have to delete camera then reinstall camera when I have WiFi just a pain any ideas? Hope this makes sense

Sparkrace22
Rising Star

@Catpuss

I think your trouble is like mine was 4 years ago,I am only guessing

I had the standard Hive Hub, ie wired to my Router

Everytime  Plusnet dropped out then my heating went off & it was a total pain to reset everything.

Solution, I purchased the Hive Hub 360 wireless Hub.

Best thing it solved ALL my issues when Plusnet dropped out. 

Heating still works, and all the Hive Plugs function as the Hub 360 remembers all the settings.

It also has a few features like alarm notifications, glass breakages, barking dog etc, 

Obviously the Hive cameras fail due to no wifi as they linked directly to router but do come back online ok

My 2 hive cameras are working on 5 Ghz

My Tp-Link VR600 V3 AC2100 has been steady not dropped once since installing, great performance arounf 48-50Mbps  

I have also added the plug in Tp Link mesh RE300 to boost signals around house for other equipment

Catpuss
Grafter

Thanks for reply this camera has turned out to be an expensive addition . I have asked Hive for their opinions plusnet have helped think it”s Hives turn now. Will mention to them about the home hub. Let me see what they say. Ongoing.......

Sparkrace22
Rising Star

Yes the Hive cameras are an expensive edition, to be honest I wish I had never bothered.

They just disconnect for no apparent reason even on strong wifi.

Had 1 replaced, still need another sorting but spent so much time online, its got beyond a joke.

Certainly the Hub 360 is far superior, especially when the internet drops out.