cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Plugged router in too early.

FIXED
Lippie28

Help! Plugged router in too early.

Just starting with Plusnet. Got notification that activation had taken place, so followed instructions for setting up router. Only then I realise the notification was for the phone only! (In my defence, our current broadband supplier wasn’t working this morning).

What will I now need to do in addition once the broadband is switched properly over? Have I screwed up my switchover completely?

Also, why didn’t the notification add “Don’t plug in the router yet! This is just your phone!”?
3 REPLIES 3
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Help! Plugged router in too early.

Just starting with Plusnet. Got notification that activation had taken place, so followed instructions for setting up router. Only then I realise the notification was for the phone only! (In my defence, our current broadband supplier wasn’t working this morning).

It'll be fine Wink

Some users plug theirs in days before the connection gets switched over, waiting and waiting and waiting and so on.

Others wait for a notification, then wait and wait and wait, then plug the router in and it works!! (they didn't get the notification)

Some wait, get the notification and then plug the router in and off they go surfing the www.

What will I now need to do in addition once the broadband is switched properly over? Have I screwed up my switchover completely?

Erm, nope ;). Wait for notification and then plug it in, or any of the above really. If your router was plugged in and it went on and off many times whilst Mr Openreach man/woman was fiddling with cables (if it even needs them for you to go live) it can sometimes cause a bit of hassle.

If it were me, I'd wait and then plug it in Wink

Also, why didn’t the notification add “Don’t plug in the router yet! This is just your phone!”?

I see what you're saying, maybe it could say something like 'the first part of the installation is now complete, there is one more step before plugging in you router'.

edit. Where's my manners!! Welcome to the forums btw!! Wink

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Fix

Hey @Lippie28,

A warm welcome to Plusnet and the forums!

I can see from this service notice here that everything is now sorted for you.

Please do let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with 🙂

Lippie28

Yes, I got the notification just now, and after re-plugging, all seems well. Thank you!