cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Smart Setup been removed on BT Business Smart Hub?

Steveoimg

Has Smart Setup been removed on BT Business Smart Hub?

So I've recently got hold of one of the 088315 hubs, to replace my Plusnet hub and setup was really straight forward, using the methods detailed from Baldrick1 in this thread. https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-the-BT-Smarthub-6-on-a-Plusnet-Account/td-p/1587673

However, for me it could have been even simpler, had I not been stumped trying to turn off the smart setup option mentioned in Baldrick1's instructions.

As the hub was new I decided not to reset the router, but when I came to turn off the smart setup it wasn't available. I did a few searches online and when nothing came to light I went ahead and reset the router, just in case, but the smart setup option was still not available. In its place was a tile for the public Wifi.

In the end I gave up, went to advanced settings, put in my Plusnet details and after plugging in my cable, connected without a problem.

I've since connected a few devices to the hub and don't get any annoying questions/stages that people suggest is the reason for turning of the smart setup option.

Out of interest does anyone know if this option was removed from hubs with a firmware update?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Has Smart Setup been removed on BT Business Smart Hub?

@Steveoimg 

I don't know when it was removed, probably at the same time that the BT WiFi options were improved. Anyway it is still there as far as I am aware on residential hub versions.

As you rightly say, it's not there now on the Business versions and can be ignored.

The reason I recommend a factory reset is in case a previous users had changed default settings such as Port Forwarding.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Steveoimg

Re: Has Smart Setup been removed on BT Business Smart Hub?

Oh good it's not just mine then!

A reset is always best for a used device. Mine was still new in a sealed box which is why I initially omitted that step.

Thanks for your help...I've now got much better coverage with good speed throughout the house and have been able to remove a second hub that I was using as an access point. Certainly worth the £20 investment.