cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HUB One Router showing reset button being pressed constantly

scottrees

HUB One Router showing reset button being pressed constantly

Since Sunday I've been having problems with the internet going offline intermittently throughout the day. Tonight its been unusable going offline at least every 5 mins so I've finally given up and decided to take a look at it.

The logs in the router are showing a reset button press at least three times every second. I've done the obvious and checked the button hasn't got stuck in somehow even though the router has been tucked away out of reach for over 6 months, nothing found and the button does click in and out correctly when it is pressed. 

Most of the time these button presses are ignored but occasionally one is recognized and the system log shows a shut down router rebooting request which coincided s with a DSL disconnected at user request entry in the WAN log. 

Combined with the fact the router feels abnormally hot I suspect its knackered its too late to seek technical support but has anyone else come across this type of problem anything else i can do ?

2 REPLIES 2
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Re: HUB One Router showing reset button being pressed constantly

the router has been tucked away out of reach for over 6 months,

Combined with the fact the router feels abnormally hot I suspect its knackered 

Is it stuck in a cupboard with no ventilation?

fwiw, you could try performing a full factory reset, by holding in the Reset button for 20 seconds.  After factory reset, it may take several minutes for the hub to fetch your account name and password to store in the hub.   Note if the hub is faulty, there is a small risk it may not work properly and you'll be without broadband until the hub is replaced....

I believe if the hub is less than a year old, or if you renewed your contract in last 3 months, you may be able to get a free hub if your hub is faulty.

Otherwise, I suggest buying a far superior used/new BT Smart Hub 6 v1 (or BT Business Smart Hub 6 v1) off eBay.  Plenty available from around ten quid.  There is a pinned post in this forum describing how to set one up.

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
scottrees

Re: HUB One Router showing reset button being pressed constantly

Thanks for the reply, Its not in a cupboard but i do think it was a ventilation issue, its sat behind a PC whose graphics card was upgraded last week, As the issue always seems to come to light when i want to play Red Dead i think its kicking out too much heat for the router. 

After moving it to another location its a lot cooler and the error logs stopped showing button presses after a few hours.

Funnily enough i do have a Smart Hub 6 available to me so probably going to upgrade to that after reading through the forum seems to be the way to go.