cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP Previously BT ADSL now Plusnet FTTC. Plusnet router hasnt arrived

FIXED
StevieQ

HELP Previously BT ADSL now Plusnet FTTC. Plusnet router hasnt arrived

Previously we were with Bt using a Home hub 4 via Adsl/copper. Our services have now been canceled/cut off from Bt and now provided by Plusnet but now fttc. Plusnet have failed to send us our new router due to their mistake. We now have 5 days without an Internet connection.
I've reconfigured the Bt Router with xxxxplusnetdsl.net which has accepted the settings. But Internet shows disconnected.
I beleive I need an Adsl modem which then connects via Ethernet to our existing bt hub 4.
Does anyone have any suggestions to an off the shelf router or would an eBay search for an openreach Adsl modem work?
Many thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: HELP Previously BT ADSL now Plusnet FTTC. Plusnet router hasnt arrived

Fix

I'm astonished if PN can't get a router delivered in less than a week. I would go back to them and ask that they get their act together. There is the possibility that the truth is that an Openreach technician won't be available to link you to the fibre cabinet for 5 days in which case you are stuffed. You did not commit the cardinal sin of giving BT an end date rather than let PN manage the transfer did you? That is often the case for this sort of problem.

If you really want to get a modem go for a Huwei HG612 off Ebay. They work well and can be unlocked to enable you to monitor WAN performance.

One final thought before buying a VDSL modem/router off the high street to save  5 days: Confirm with PN that Openreach has really connected you to fibre or you might be a bit peeved off if you still find you have no broadband.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Do PlusNet know they have not sent the router ?

Are they going to send it ? If yes then probably best to wait for it.

My understanding is that rather than using a fibre modem and separate router, PlusNet now issue a combined fibre modem/router (but I'm still on ADSL myself)

StevieQ

Thank you all for your help and advice.
Our new plusnet router was hand delivered yesterday morning by Royal Mail 24hour delivery.
Internet is all up and running now.
We previously had a download speed of 3mbps and now we are achieving 30mbps whilst making a saving from our previous contract.
azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That's very good news