cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google mini set up doesn't work on Plusnet Hub One

jezrichards

Google mini set up doesn't work on Plusnet Hub One

Yesterday my John Lewis Broadband, supplied by Plusnet, was switched to Plusnet directly and so I swapped my Zyxel router for the Plusnet Hub One router. No problems connecting all devices except for Google Mini whihc had no issues on the Zyxel. I've tried rebooting the devices and re-installing the Google Home app on my iPad but still getting the same problem during set up within the Google Home app - straight after it says 'Connected' (to wifi) I get the splash screen "something went wrong". I'm not sure what to do next, please can you help.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Google mini set up doesn't work on Plusnet Hub One

@jezrichards  Welcome to the forum.

I suspect that this is an IPaddress range issue.

Look for a factory reset feature on your Google device. You may have to insert a paperclip or similar into a reset hole. Keep the switch closed for say 20 seconds. This should return the settings to those when you first obtailed the device. Once it has reset set it up again from scratch.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jezrichards

Thanks. Tried a factory reset but no joy. It fails at the same point, but this time it’s given the message “speaker is connected to the WiFi network but we were unable to determine if a Google Account was already linked”. Makes zero sense to me.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

You can still use the Xyzel router. Just change the PPPoE credentials to you plusnet ones 

See here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/ for information

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'