cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FurLife not connecting on Hub One

nottechy
Hooked

FurLife not connecting on Hub One

I am in the process of moving from standard to fibre and set up Hub One router in preparation.

I have managed to set up all the Wifi devices except my FurLife light which refuses to connect. I know it needs 2.4 GHz but I thought the hub has both 2.4 and 5. It seems to go through set up, connection device found then after a while a screen pops up ‘device not responding’. I have tried powering off both devices etc. But after 10 attempts I am ready to give up. 
But in case there is a simple magic solution I thought I would pick the forum brains. 

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: FurLife not connecting on Hub One

@nottechy  Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried a factory reset on the light unit? It might just be locked to your old router and needs to be set up from scratch.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@nottechy you might also try 'splitting' the 2.4ghz & 5ghz wifi bands, some devices can get confused if both bands use the same SSID

Navigate in a web browser to 192.168.1.254.
Click Advanced Settings
Enter your Hub admin password when prompted (unless you've changed it, you'll find the default password on the settings card)
Continue to Advanced Settings.
Click on Wireless.
Click 5GHz tab.
Change 'Sync with 2.4Ghz' to No.
Change the name of the 'Wireless SSID' - suggest adding added a '_5' on the end.
Save the changes.

If you had any devices connected to the 5ghz band before, they will need reconnecting to the new SSID

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

nottechy
Hooked

Unfortunately no reset option.

nottechy
Hooked

Thanks, I had seen this as a suggestion.

As my name suggests I am not very techie and I have chickened out . 
The light device website suggests that in addition to the 2.4 it needs the wireless interface 802 should not include ‘n’ and I did fiddle with the settings a bit. But I wondered if that could be the issue.

Thank you for your suggestion I may have to try your suggestion but it would mean changing all other devices connected the 5 to new connection. 🐓 

nottechy
Hooked

Since every other device was on showing on 5 and I didn’t fancy changing them to all to a new ssid I changed the 2.4 WiFi name and logged into the new name on my tablet and managed to set up the light. And an Alexa device used for light voice control actually managed to turn it on and off even though I hadn’t changed the Alexa device’s WiFi connection. 😁 

However that Alexa device didn’t talk to the other devices and the other devices  stopped connecting to the internet all together, even though they previous showed as on 5 connection, which hadn’t been altered other than ‘no sync’. So I turned sync back on and the light stopped working and the control Alexa stopped connecting to WiFi. But the other devices restarted.

So presumably if I want the light to work and all devices to communicate amongst themselves I will need to have them on the same 2.4 network. Will this result in slower speeds over WiFi? I am wondering how significantly it will reduce the benefits from changing to fibre. 

nottechy
Hooked

If I keep the 2:4 and 5 WiFi channels together to ensure the auto selection of the speed and distance options are retained will I ever be able to get lights to connect and then operate on the required 2:4 channel?