cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For installing a new modem, do I need to respect the precise ADSL to Fibre switch date?

FIXED
RichardGood

For installing a new modem, do I need to respect the precise ADSL to Fibre switch date?

I am with Plusnet and I am staying with Plusnet but I am going to upgrade from Adsl to Fibre so I am being sent a new Hub One router.  Plusnet say the switch from ADSL to Fibre will take place on March 29.  Does that mean I have to change my router on exactly that day to ensure a continuous service - or could I change it before D-Day or after D-Day and not have the service interrupted?  (I ask this because I'm doing this on behalf of an older relative, and I cannot be there on the day itself).

3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: For installing a new modem, do I need to respect the precise ADSL to Fibre switch date?

@RichardGood I'm not 100% certain, but THINK the Hub1 is ADSL/FTTC compatible. This means you can change it now if you have it, and it will run in ADSL mode, and then pick up the FTTC connection when it is available. Unfortunately, the current ADSL router doesn't work the other way, it has no FTTC connection, so if you don't change, your relative will have no BB until you do so.

HTH?

John
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: For installing a new modem, do I need to respect the precise ADSL to Fibre switch date?

Fix
Yes hub one is both A/VDSL
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'