cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firestick buffering

Quinny1
Hooked

Firestick buffering

I stream all of my tv through a Firestick, of which I have 2 in the house. One upstairs, and one downstairs. Neither are used at the same time. One is wi fi and the other through an ethernet cable, yet it matters not.

Both of them have various apps on, including My5, Channel 4, BBC I Player, IPTV Smarters etc etc. I also have a VPN.

Now both of them suffer from regular buffering, yet the speed I get are all around the 40mbps, so are capable of running things in HD. 

Friend of ours has a similar set up, yet hers are ran through BT, which we know are the parent company, yet she does not suffer the same problems as us.

I had an engineer out earlier this year, and he checked things over, and seemed happy with what he saw, and last week I had a conversation with a member of staff via the phone, who did a master reset at his end, and said he couldn't see any problem, yet clearly there is. 

Anyone got any ideas please?

I am out of contract in Feb 24, and if this continues, then Plusnet will not see me for dust.

6 REPLIES 6
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

Re: Firestick buffering

@Quinny1 

The problem appears to be with your Firestick and not with the service provided by PlusNet. Changing providers will not necessarily help - although a different router might.

PN (like other ISP's) are not responsible for your usage after the signal is received - unless the router is faulty.

Brian

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to My Router.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 98

Hiya @Quinny1 

Does it work when streaming on other devices? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
Quinny1
Hooked

I have no issues on any other devices
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 99

Morning @Quinny1 , unfortunately like @bmc said, it seems to be an issue with the actual firestick as everything else is ok.

Have you tried another router at all?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Quinny1
Hooked

Hi Will.
I don't have another router to compare sadly