cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally gave up... Router Advice

Ellister
Hooked

Finally gave up... Router Advice

So after 6 months of my 18 month contract Ive decided to give up on the Plusnet router and buy my own.

So I just need to know is this one going to be an improvement?

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/dsl-modem-router/archer-vr600/

I only live in a 3 Bedroom and the wifi on the Plusnet router is soo weak/sketchy.

Before I was with Plusnet I was with Vodafone Fibre and the connection was fine with their router.

So am I making a good choice with the above router?

6 REPLIES 6
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Finally gave up... Router Advice

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

I wouldn't know about that particular model but I've had a TPLInk Archer C9 for about 5 years now (3 aerials) and it has (as PN might say) Done me proud. Very reliable and connection extremely solid. Only thing with WiFi and signal strength, it all depends on the way your house is constructed. Mine doesn't seem to suffer too much from signal loss ('60's build) but fwiw, it should be an improvement.

Edit, just a thought, you could always go on Ebay and have a look at the Hub 6. £30 or less will get you one.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Ellister
Hooked

Thanks
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

dws1900
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@Ellister 

I would consider keeping the PN, turn off its wifi, and install a non router mesh system.

My experience with a cupboard of alternative routers and mains plug connections has been very unsatisfactory,

The ones I use are the BT while ones, available from many stores so best to shop around.

Apparently there is a new TriBand version, mine is dual band so there is more probability of interference (until everyone piles onto the higher bands!!).

jing
Hooked

TP-Link are pretty good routers. I've been using one for a few years without issue.

This post should help you in setting it up (if you need it) - https://kevq.uk/how-to-use-your-own-router-with-plusnet-fibre-broadband/