cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre broadband keeps dropping, router light goes orange

andyt1970
Rising Star

Re: Fibre broadband keeps dropping, router light goes orange

So, THIS is that BT "junction box" that provides all the wiring to the flats along this landing. Photo (taken yesterday afternoon) just shows what a total mess is it.

I assume someone else on this landing has had phone / broadband problems hence Openreach coming out and doing some tests on it, strange how my broadband started cutting out when they turned up.

IMG_20220111_145557[1].jpg

I've been banging on about this BT box for over a month now and mentioned it in Post 104 way back....

Out of the 5 Openreach engineers who came, only one guy listened when I said it must be this box outside the first flat on the landing, and now here they are back again fixing someone elses problems while making mine start again. (There were all loose wires sticking out the bottom of this box before as previously mentioned). 

Plusnet - an update please, if you will?

andyt1970
Rising Star

I know nothing about wiring or broadband or telephone wires but that is a right mess 😲

crop_IMG_20220111_145557[1].jpg

andyt1970
Rising Star

I give up, I REALLY GIVE UP.

Another "forced" 15 minutes away from my works web based software now.

IMG_20220112_130121[1].jpg

Is anyone doing anything?

Right now, Plusnet and OPENREACH are NOT FIT FOR SERVICE.

andyt1970
Rising Star

RDP.jpg

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused here @andyt1970

I've just had a look at the open fault, and can see that Openreach are hoping to have the matter resolved by tomorrow at any point up to midnight.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
andyt1970
Rising Star

So yesterday (Wednesday) you told me that "Openreach are hoping to have the matter resolved by today at any point up to midnight."

And now you message saying "this is just to confirm that I've reviewed the phone fault on your account and can see that Openreach are still in the process of assigning an engineer to the task. I'll be reviewing the fault again tomorrow afternoon and will be in touch with any further updates."

Openreach are still in the process of assigning an engineer to the task?

So no one has done anything, j@ck [-Censored-], zero, NOTHING while I can't work as my connection keeps cutting out.

andyt1970
Rising Star

...and I love the way the message ends:

Should you have any problems then please don't hesitate to contact us on:
Phone:: 0800 432 0200 or on 0345 140 0200
Plusnet Member Centre - https://www.plus.net/member-centre/login

Should I have any problems? What the hell is this, a fairytale? I'm not coming on here just to type for the love of it. I'm having problems alright with Plusnet and those can't be @rsed Openreach staff who are happy for me to pay £36.99 a month for a broadband and telephone service that isn't upto scratch and not fit for service.

This has been ongoing for nearly 2 months now..... 2 MONTHS.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It was me that sent you that message @andyt1970 - no offence was intended, though I'm  sorry to see that you've also taken offence with my email footer. I send the same one on all of my correspondence, regardless of what's going on with the account. The mere point of this is to provide customers with our contact information.

Anyway, that aside, I've just been in touch with Openreach, and have been advised that an engineer is due to be assigned tomorrow, though this isn't guaranteed, and is subject to engineer availability in the local area, which is why one wasn't assigned today. I'm truly sorry for the length of time these issues have gone on for.

@TheMightyAJ has your account under personal ownership, though while he's away for the rest of the week, I'll be checking up on things.

Adam
andyt1970
Rising Star

Had 2 text messages from an engineer yesterday saying "they were working on line now", then one later in day saying "they've fixed the fault located on my line and I should now be back in service".

Can someone please give me a heads up as to what they say was wrong and what they did to fix it?

So, it's taken 6 engineers with my problems over 8 weeks since 15th November Sad

Any goodwill gesture offer please for this latest outage?

andyt1970
Rising Star

And am I meant to restart or reset my router now?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good morning @andyt1970

Thanks a lot for keeping us up to date on here as well. I've just reviewed the fault and can confirm that it now appears to have been resolved. The notes on the fault state that the issues was between the cabinet and the distribution pole, and was caused by general ware and tear / damp and corroded cables. The engineer resolved the fault by cleaning the block terminal.

The drops you can see on Monday are when the engineer was working on your line, though as you can see, the line has been relatively stable since. There's no need to restart your router @andyt1970 
I've made @TheMightyAJ aware that you've reached out, he'll be in touch to discuss your open complaint once he's next in. Smiley
 Adam
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

@andyt1970 Is this issue now fixed?

John
andyt1970
Rising Star

Hi John, it seems to be (fingers crossed) but I'm not marking this as "This fixed my problem" just yet! Cheers.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 258

OK Andy - I'll leave it on the list till you do.

John
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I can certainly understand the hesitation there @andyt1970 - never hurts to be warily optimistic! Out of interest, how has the service been since we last spoke? The connection seems to be stable from what we can see.

RADIUS 26.01

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team