cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty router 5Ghz dying.

robj20

Faulty router 5Ghz dying.

Been having problems since i joined with my connection, streaming services dropping out and such.

Done some tests today and it seems the 5Ghz wifi is dead or dying, it makes a bussing noise and constantly measure very low speeds.

I did 3 tests, 1st 5Ghz and got 15.9Mbps, 2nd 2.4Ghz and got 68Mbps and 3rd cabled and got 71Mbps. All done as close as possible to the router.

I have switched everything to 2.4Ghz but that's not great solution is it as my faster devices are now slower on my network.

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Faulty router 5Ghz dying.

Hi there, sorry to see this has been a problem for you. Before we potentially look at replacing the router for you could you give a factory reset a try please? 

• Use a paper clip, pen, or something pointed to press in the reset pinhole button on the back of the router.

• Keep the button pressed for 20 seconds. When the light on the front of your Hub turns green, release the reset button.

• When the light on the front of the Hub turns blue, it's now restored to factory settings.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@robj20 & @adamwalker, I've pushed the latest firmware update to the device on the off chance that helps too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

robj20

It didn't fix it, it just got worse and worse, i gave up in the end and purchased a Ubiquiti Unifi Pro and turned off all the wifi on my plusnet hub, so that's just a router now.