Did you mean: 

_Ext SSID as well?

FIXED
swrzzzz
Hooked
Fixes: 1

_Ext SSID as well?

Hi

Can anyone tell me why my router is putting out two SSID? I can see SSID and SSID_Ext? Both go off when I power off the router and there are no extenders in the house. The SSID_Ext signal is weaker than the SSID  one.

It's wierd

Thanks

Steve

5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: _Ext SSID as well?

@swrzzzz A picture paints a thousand words.😀

Where are you seeing this - and a screenshot - obscuring any personal information - would be good?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@swrzzzz 

If you are sure that you have no range extender plugged in you probably have a connected device that has it’s own web server/extender built in. These sometimes are used for remote control. Try switching all your wireless devices off one at a time and see if it disappears.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 11

@swrzzzz  Have you tried connecting to "SSID_Ext" if so is it your network. 

It's possible a neighbour has plugged in an AP which has inadvertently connected to your router. 

swrzzzz
Hooked

Thanks for all the great replies, I can connect to to and use it  so it had to be something I put a WPA key into.

I went round the house with a wifi tracking app on my phone and turning things on and off and it turns out to be our Sony Bravia tv and only on 2.4Ghz

Problem solved there then, but the family complain of wifi issues and it is using the same channel as my router which is only 3 meters away.

They must be interfering with each other surely?

If anyone has worked out how to turn this off I would be very grateful

Regards

Steve

swrzzzz
Hooked

Fix

Solved and I owe Sony an apology - it was nothing to do with the TV - it was all about me being an idiot.

I found I had left a PLX-Link wifi to ethernet converter plugged in. I had tried to make youview work with it. I was still plugged in out of sight under the tv. (we had given up and fitted a cabIe) -  I had forgotten I even owned one so when I turned the tv mains block off of course the signal went too.

As well as doing wifi to lan conversion it was obviously also being a 2.4g extender.

It's gone!