cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example Internet Config for a Nighthawk AC1900 D7000v2 modem please -- I can't get mine to work

F9user
Fixes: 1

Example Internet Config for a Nighthawk AC1900 D7000v2 modem please -- I can't get mine to work

Can someone please put up screenshots of the configuration needed to get a Nighthawk AC1900 D7000v2 working with PlusNet's VDSL service?

-

I have got as far as the screen shot below - and still can't get it to work

I have the modem work on my previous ADSL configuration - but the VDSL service is switched on today so I should be able to use it.

Of particular concern to me are the following seetings which I cannot get clear info on from the PlusNet info.

1)  Multiplexing method - still "VC-BASED" ?

2)  Are VPI and VCI still relevent ?

3)  Are my VLANID settings correct?     PlusNet speaks of (802.1q) and (802.1p) while Nighhowk has just VANLID and priority - are these the same?

4) Should log in be the same as with ADSL.   For ADSL it was xxxxx@f9.co.uk should it ne the same or xxxxx@plusdsl.net

5) Should Connection Mode (after password) be blank ?

Nighthawk attempted VDSL configuration.jpg

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Example Internet Config for a Nighthawk AC1900 D7000v2 modem please -- I can't get mine to work

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to My Router 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Example Internet Config for a Nighthawk AC1900 D7000v2 modem please -- I can't get mine to work

have the modem work on my previous ADSL configuration - but the VDSL service is switched on today so I should be able to use it. 

are you sure it got switched on today ? Try putting the adsl parameters back. Your switch over may have been delayed

Of particular concern to me are the following seetings which I cannot get clear info on from the PlusNet info.

1)  Multiplexing method - still "VC-BASED" ? not used for vdsl

2)  Are VPI and VCI still relevent ? no

3)  Are my VLANID settings correct? yes    PlusNet speaks of (802.1q) and (802.1p) while Nighhowk has just VANLID and priority - are these the same?

4) Should log in be the same as with ADSL.   For ADSL it was xxxxx@f9.co.uk should it ne the same or xxxxx@plusdsl.net same

5) Should Connection Mode (after password) be blank ? that's service name , can be blank. Connection should be always on

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Champnet
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 12

From my much older D6400 :

netgear.png