cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet Works but no Wifi (Devices say connected without Internet)-Plus Net Fibre.

JohnnyM01

Ethernet Works but no Wifi (Devices say connected without Internet)-Plus Net Fibre.

Hello - I've already sent Tweets to @plusnethelp about this but no reply yet. Trying on here to see if anyone can help. I've done router resets, splitting SSIDs etc...rebooting....Changed meter settings from metered to unmetered and back again. Also changed ip from static to dynamic on a range of affected mobile devices. Nothing has worked. This issue has been going on for about 2 weeks now. Prior to that, the Wifi signal was borderline acceptable, not great but at least there was some signal...now none at all...Any ideas and suggestions would be welcome...Many Thanks, J

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Ethernet Works but no Wifi (Devices say connected without Internet)-Plus Net Fibre.

Hello @JohnnyM01

Thanks for your contact over the community forums and for taking my call but I'm not sure I got my message across. I've created a support ticket on the account, if you could review that and I'll be back in touch with you on Saturday to make sure everything's running as it should. 

Thanks. 

JohnnyM01

Re: Ethernet Works but no Wifi (Devices say connected without Internet)-Plus Net Fibre.

Hello Mads, Good Morning! Thank You so much for your reply and update. Regrettably, there is no change or improvement here. Devices connected to the router via an ethernet cable are getting a slightly patchy service. Mobile devices of various operating systems and types that connect via WiFi (Android, Apple, PC, Mobile, Tablet) are receiving the message "Connected without Internet"...So, there is still an issue somewhere - maybe the router? As indicated in my first message, I had earlier tried a few things and also reset the router a few times but no improvement at all? Any suggestions you have would be very much appreciated, Many Thanks, Johnny

Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @JohnnyM01

I can see that Mads took ownership of this case on this ticket and that she will be in touch with you tomorrow.