Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic DNS - Settings

Starb7
Dabbler

Dynamic DNS - Settings

Hi All

having spoken with PlusNet Tech (not helpful at all) they tell me the Dynamic DNS section of the Hub One (rebadged BT Hub 4) is not a section they are; a) Trained On and b) Don't support!  Hmm, don't support or know about the products they sell!

Anyhow, here's the issue if anyone can help/advise:

1.  I have a dynamic-dns.net account, I have had it years and it works just fine.  It is set up in my CCTV system which daily 'pings' my IP to ChangeIP.com.  I can use DOS to ping my DNS account and sure enough, my current IP is listed.

2.  I have now set this up in the Hub One, same settings as the CCTV, and applied it - all accepted.

3.  Now I click the 'Refresh' button to test it and it comes back with an error (this is the bit PN Support no nothing about) saing 

Q.  Has anyone got this to work and if so, how?

TIA

Paul

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.

2 REPLIES 2
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Dynamic DNS - Settings

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Dynamic DNS - Settings

I'm not seeing that error (attached), and if I check the changeip.com website, I can see the updates are getting through:

dyn-dns-history.JPG

Having said that, I'm not seeing that IP returned when querying the hostname in DNS:

~$ host [REDACTED].proxydns.com
bobpullen.proxydns.com has address 80.229.X.X

So something's not working somewhere.

You might want to consider using an alternative like no-ip.com whom I've never had problems with.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵