cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump your Plusnet Router

mundiz
Hooked

Dump your Plusnet Router

For the past year I have had problems with my Plusnet Router supplying me with extremely poor wireless connections. It got so bad that after being given several fixes by Plusnet support and 3 new routers I tried to end my contract. Plusnet would not let me without charge and although they guarantee a minimum broadband speed, they would not guarantee a minimum Wireless speed (even having my devises locates next to the router). Plusnet thought that sub-megabit speeds are acceptable.

After reading several posts on this Forum I bought a second hand BT Smarthub HH6 router from E-bay for £10 plus p&p. After connecting it up and setting the security for my Plusnet account my wireless connections are perfect. I am now getting 45Mbs Wireless to all my devices.

I don’t know how Plusnet are continuing to sell this service with their present routers to new and existing customers.

My suggestion: DUMP YOUR PLUSNET ROUTER.
1 REPLY 1
anastazius
Hooked

Re: Dump your Plusnet Router

I've suddenly started having terrible speeds both wireless and broadband after stable service for 12 months. Went from constant 2.1Mb/s to intermittent disconnects, and now that I've changed the microfilter, more stable connection but maxing out at 495KB/s.

Plusnet have confirmed the issue is 'internal' and have booked me an engineer to come and look this Friday. Fingers crossed. Might try a different router if the issue isn't fixed.