cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Connection Problem (Authentication Errors etc.). Too Many Devices?

zaaxuk
Dabbler

Re: Device Connection Problem (Authentication Errors etc.). Too Many Devices?

I am having this type of problem. Multiple items on wifi; 4 items on ethernet via switch.

1. Echo very slow in controlling sockets / switches
  2. Tablet and phone very slowing connecting to wifi
  3. Smart tv very slow in connecting to Netflix and like - this on a ethernet connection

devices on hub.png

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @zaaxuk,

Apologies for the delay in response.

I have checked over your connection and your circuit is currently in sync at 68.7mbps, which is above your MGALS and no underlying fault has been detected. Looking at your connection logs, there's been 1 drop in three days which is what we would expect from the line. Could you expand on what the issue that you are experiencing is?

Thanks.

zaaxuk
Dabbler

The main problem seem to be with my phone. Everytime I get home it won't log in. No problem with other places like work; the club; other people's homes all straight on with out telling to. Also my echo's are having difficulty and showing the red ring also my smart TV takes ages to connect to Netflix when it used connect almost instantly.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @zaaxuk,

Thank you for confirming those details, I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this connection issue is causing you. Are all of the devices that you've mentioned connected wirelessly or are some of them on wired connections?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
zaaxuk
Dabbler

My smart TV is hard wired. I did notice last night there was a lapse of a few minutes before I could view photos from my NAS drive so I am wonder if it something to do with my router

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @zaaxuk,

Thanks for getting back to us. I've got a couple of questions off the back of the information posted so far. Firstly, when you're connecting the Smart TV via an Ethernet cable, are you connecting it directly to the router or is it running through a powerline adapter? Secondly, on the Wi-Fi front, have you tried changing the wireless channels that your router is operating on, or splitting the networks? If not, then I would recommend doing so to see if this makes any noticeable difference. I've included a guide on how to split the channels below and there's a handy guide elsewhere on our forums that walks you through how to split the networks here.

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Wireless.'

4) If this is the first time trying this, you can select the option to 'Refresh' at the bottom of the page which will force your router to rescan for the best channel for you.

5) If you are still having issues then you may wish to change the channels manually. To do this, repeat the above steps but select 'Advanced Settings' instead of 'Settings' and this will give you several other options.

6) Under 'Channel Selection' you will want to change this from Automatic to any one of the other channels and see if it improves your wireless. Give it 3-4 hours of testing to see if the issue still persists and change it again if you see no improvement. If you are having the same issue on 5 GHz wireless then you can also change the wireless channel under the subheading of '5 GHz Wireless'.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
zaaxuk
Dabbler

I've tried that. still getting red rings echo devices. Also getting site cannot be reached for google and metoffice on ethernet  computergoogle down.png

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @zaaxuk,

Thank you for running through the wireless troubleshooting steps and for confirming that you are also experiencing connection problems on devices that are connected via ethernet. As this is the case, it appears that this is something deeper than a wireless signal issue.

I've tested your line but the test still isn't picking up the cause of the problem from here:

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 68.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 434.6
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Reasonable
Interference Pattern Regular Interference Observed Daily
Service Impact Retrains Observed
Interference Duration Longest Occurrence From15:15to15:30
Interference Location Unknown
Interference Observed In Days 0
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-74M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2019-08-15T09:00:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 68.2 Mbps 68.9 Mbps 68.5 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps 20.0 Mbps
Up Time 685.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 899.2 Sec
Retrains 0.0 2.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2019-08-28T08:34:56.741+01:00 2019-08-28T08:49:56.741+01:00
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

We'll need to do some further troubleshooting to try and narrow down the cause of the fault. I'd recommend starting with basic checks here. If these checks don't resolve the problem, the next step would be to connect your router directly to the test socket, which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the connection stabilises. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. Please see the following guide for instructions on how to connect to the test socket.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team