Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny (XBOXOne) / TG852n problems

Goatface
Hooked

Destiny (XBOXOne) / TG852n problems

Hi,

I'm getting desperate and have discovered this forum so hoping you guy's can help me out before I ditch plusnet :(I play Destiny and get regular errors, mostly Beaver or Antilope. Probably meaningless here but they are network issues. I also have a reported Strict NAT, according to both My XBOX and Destiny in game.

I have done the following to try to resolve to no avail:

• Proline adapters for a Wired connection.
  • Static IP address for the XBOX.
  • Applied port forwarding rules.
  • I think I have set up a DMZ?

Game mode and UPnP is all enabled.

I say I think I have the DMZ set up but Strict NAT's would suggest otherwise. In my router I selected assign a DMZ to a network and it suggested one that I chose. I assumed this was the connection to the Modem? Might be were I am going wrong. Do I need to input the static IP Address of the XBOX here. I'm sure I tried and it never held the config, cant remember.

I'm at a loss at what to try. I have a 38Mb connection and have network issues its doing mine and friends head in Sad None of them have plusnet so am one step from changing provider but don't want the hassle if I can resolve in config. PlusNet Support told me they don't support this which was of no help at all.I only have broadband for this reason so I need a provider that will support it. Others have mentioned the lack of Demonware compatibility whatever that means?

Please advise guys.

Thanks in advance 😕

Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Destiny (XBOXOne) / TG852n problems

Hi @Goatface

Welcome to the forums

You maybe suffering from the issue discussed here https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/DNS-Routing-issues-for-the-last-36-hours/m-p/1348275#U...

People have also been taking about Destiny here https://community.plus.net/t5/Gaming/Disconnections-from-Destiny-on-PS4-Router-at-fault/m-p/1348799#... but it looks like they were seeing the DNS issue discussed in the first link

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Goatface
Hooked

Hi, Thank you for your quick response. Fingers crossed then its being investigated and will sort itself soon. In the mean time do I have my DMZ set wrong. Should I enter the address of the XBOX rather than the suggested ip address. which thinking about it was probably my PC?

Kindest Regards

Dave

SpendLessTime
Hero

I've never setup anything in a DMZ on a domestic router but if you want a device in a DMZ then yes you would have to enter the static IP address you've assigned to the device in question i.e. the XBox.

Goatface
Hooked

Cheers mate, TBH it seemed obvious when I was asking but sure when I tried it the router disabled it after reboot. Will try again tonight. I think my Strict NAT are half my problem to be honest so will be chuffed if I can resolve it. Will report back. The intermittent network Lag I am hoping is related to the other link mentioned above.

SpendLessTime
Hero

Don't know if this helps, but a very old thread about best settings for XBox live/psn on a TG852n is here and might be worth a quick read https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Best-settings-for-TG582n-router-for-xbox-live-psn-gaming/m-p... and https://community.plus.net/t5/Gaming/Assassin-s-Creed-Revelations-Orange-NAT/td-p/1009206

Goatface
Hooked

So, reading around a bit im getting more confused. Ar emy other settings causing contradictions.

ie if I manage to enable the DMX for my XBOX does the router then ignore the port forwards I have set or do I need to unassign them so as not to confuse it. And likewise for UPnP and Game mode, I have it all on?

Goatface
Hooked

Sorry, only just seen your last post so some of my questions may be answered in your provided links.

SpendLessTime
Hero

Also Plusnet have now applied a fix for the "DNS 36 hours issue" so hopefully if that was your issue, it isn't now.

It is always painful when there is a possible Plusnet wide issue and you have a issue which may or may not be caused by it. Still one less area to look at.

If you do set up a working DMZ then I would leave the port forwarding alone if it is working. Smiley Might be best to try and avoid the DMZ approach if this is anything to go by https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/TG585v7-DMZ-problem/td-p/624275

Try the best settings way first.

Goatface
Hooked

I'm afraid I have no options but to try the DMZ as the port forwarding hasn't worked. This is probably the worst router I have ever had. Irrespective of setings it just does what it likes 😕