Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Settings not binding on Router

owainb

DNS Settings not binding on Router

Hi,

not sure if this is the right forum for this

I've mannualy set my DNS servers to googles directly on my router however each time plusnet renews my IP address it seems to force my router to use plusnets DNS servers unless i mannualy refresh the connection on my router. i've followed the instructions faithfully from both netgear and plusnet(its a NETGEAR D7800 Nighthawk AC2600) and can't see anything obviously wrong so I'm at a loss as why this is happening or if its intentional for whatever reason.

5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: DNS Settings not binding on Router

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Broadband to My Router.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Are you clicking on tha 'Apply' tab at the top of the page after setting your DNS addresses?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

owainb

Hi yes i do its keeps the settings until Plusnet renews my external IP address then it defaults back to plusnets dns servers and i have to manually refresh the connection for it to use googles dns server these setting are always present in the mannualy set section of the settings if that makes sense, hopefully the example below shows what i mean took out mac address and ip address as its a public forum

what inpternet port sayswhat inpternet port sayssaved settings for dnssaved settings for dnsand once internet connection is refreshed it goes back to googles dns servers. it just appears like plusnet is overridding my own settings on my own router and i can't see how to stop this as i've no desire to use their dns serversand once internet connection is refreshed it goes back to googles dns servers. it just appears like plusnet is overridding my own settings on my own router and i can't see how to stop this as i've no desire to use their dns servers

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Are you on ADSL or Fiber?

owainb

ADSL sadly