Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DNS Issues

FIXED
Highlighted
Grafter

Re: DNS Issues

Oops, sorry. I was connected to my office VPN and didn't notice. Should be fixed now. 

Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 153

Fix

@IanSudbery - thanks.

I've pushed what is hopefully a full firmware fix to your device. It will have rebooted yesterday to apply the change.

Please keep an eye on it and let me know at the first sign of a recurrence - although I'm hoping there won't be one!

Thanks again for your help in getting to the bottom of things 👍

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Highlighted
Dabbler

@bobpullen 

Bob

FYI - I have had the DNS lookup issue again last week and yesterday! - I restarted the Hub One using the button to resolve.

I have been on .273 firmware since 17th August. So this issue seems to be more prevalent with .273 than it was with .263 as that went for many months without the issue being apparent!

Thanks

Henry Kafeman

Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@HKafemanPC I can push the same build to your device if you're willing to give it a go but I can't guarantee that it won't re-introduce the Wi-Fi issues that led to you requesting the .273 update. Now that I think we know the cause of the DNS issue, there's no logical reason why it would be any worse on .273 compared to earlier builds. If anybody is homeworking and using a VPN, then that can exacerbate the issue. Let me know what you'd like to do.

@IanSudbery - Am I safe to assume there hasn't been another occurrence of the issue in the last week or so?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Highlighted
Grafter

@bobpullen We had an incidence the same day that you informed us the update had been installed the day before, but I'm going to put that down the router having not restarted since the update. Since then its been plain sailing, so I guess I'll mark this as fixed. 

Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hmm, I'm sure I remember restarting it - so continue to keep an eye on things and let me know at the first sign of problems. We've definitely resolved one of the conditions leading to this issue by the looks of things. That's not to say there aren't more though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Everything still good @IanSudbery?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

Highlighted
Grafter

Yep, no issues on the DNS front as yet. 

We have had a few connection drops, but I'm going to assume for the moment that these are unrelated.