cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could this be a bug with firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 or Windows 10 or just a coincidence?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Could this be a bug with firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 or Windows 10 or just a coincidence?

Thanks for providing that info @scoobysnax1 - I've forwarded it to our Products team.

Let me know if you'd like someone to give you a call regarding your contract - happy to arrange.

Best wishes

Dave

MartinF
Hooked

Re: Could this be a bug with firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 or Windows 10 or just a coincidence?

I've not been able to read the whole thread and this is my first post here - but here's what I've found...

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.263 | Last updated 21/03/19

Get problems with authentication - but not all the time.

Factory reset - works for a while.

Found that the problem was when connecting to 5MHz - so changed the SSID of 5MHz.

Then found I could authenticate against 2.4MHz AND 5MHz - BUT 5MHz has no internet access.

Solution is to disable 5MHz - and all is good until they find a firmware fix.

MartinF
Hooked

Why is thread marked as fixed?

Has an automatic update already been pushed out?

PS: I've gone back through the thread, and found I've discovered what others have found.

mltt

If this is marked fixed because there's a bodge suggested, that's not fixed.

Can we have an update please?
MartinF
Hooked

I never asked them to update my router with dodgy firmware.

Is there an alternate firmware we can put on the device?

Maybe OpenWRT is the way forward.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @mltt and @MartinF,

I'm sorry to hear that you're both experiencing this issue and I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this is causing. The thread was marked as "fixed" by the original author.

We can ask our products team to move you onto the previous firmware version to see if this resolves the problem, if you'd like? Please let us know if so.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MartinF
Hooked

Ok - just had a chat with the nice people at PlusNet.

(Apart from suggesting that I shouldn't really be using 5GHz as it's not very good, and that I go buy a new router as my contract is about to expire in a couple of months - and that they have no control over the firmware and that I should restart to get the latest firmware)

We went through the whole thing and after about half an hour they suggested using the PIN Reset (push a pin through the hole next to the power connection) and work from there.

Well... it works!!!

I'm nervous as I don't know why it stopped - it's not like I changed the settings any.

And in my defence - is it any different from a factory reset? If it's the same, then things may go south in the next few days.

MartinF
Hooked

@EmilyD - thanks for the offer. I'll hold on for now. The reset working kinda caught me by surprise. And pass on my thanks to Mercedes - as she was very helpful and patient. I'll update the ticket too.

steviejay
Grafter

Pin reset is supposed to be a restore default configuration. It's a hardware reset that is forced.

Software can achieve the same thing, but sometimes the software does not respond.

Power cycling the router should restart with the saved settings, again either using the button or removing the plug should achieve it if the software is unresponsive.

Software calls it a restart, but the button would be a cold restart and software a warm restart.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @MartinF,

Thank you for letting me know, I'm glad to hear that your connection is looking better after the hard reset and hopefully it will stay like this moving forwards. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if you experience any further problems with your connection.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
DS
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 22

@scoobysnax1 wrote: snipped
Thanks for the tip - to be honest I'm reluctant to start messing as I'm not home for most of the day usually so i don't notice, it's just a minor annoyance without having to go and reprogram all the connected devices etc.

I've ordered a 2nd hand bt hub 6 on eBay as folk seem to think this is better anyway, I'll give that a whirl.
Unless of course a fix presents itself!

No problem. I totally understand your reluctance to start messing with the settings. It was only a suggestion.

The Hub6 will quite probably solve your wifi issues, as I'm now using one too.

(though mine is not set to the default configuration)

@MartinF wrote:

Why is thread marked as fixed?

Has an automatic update already been pushed out?

PS: I've gone back through the thread, and found I've discovered what others have found.

I actually marked that post for two reasons

1) so others didn't need to read the whole thread as turning off 5GHz was the only solution I could come up with to stop the wifi from dropping.

2) as I did detailed testing and logged it all on these forums, then Plusnet said they couldn't replicate it and so I gave up - I'd wasted enough time already when the only true fix is for them to sort the current software out (imho). If my devices were at fault why do they work perfectly fine on the hub 6.

But I'm happy for the 'fix' to be removed and let Plusnet mark any future post as solved once they actually solve itSmiley

@mltt wrote:

If this is marked fixed because there's a bodge suggested, that's not fixed.

Can we have an update please?

Sorry that you think it was a bodge, that wasn't my intention, it was merely to provide a right now solution, rather than waiting an unknown amount of time for plusnet to firstly replicate it and more importantly send out a working software. Sad

Good luck with getting an update

@EmilyD wrote: snipped

The thread was marked as "fixed" by the original author.

We can ask our products team to move you onto the previous firmware version to see if this resolves the problem, if you'd like? Please let us know if so.

Yes I did, because I tested this and you couldn't replicate it.

But nobody came back with any additional information except to say you've raised it. I didn't need to do the testing but I offered to do it in the hope you'd find a fix quicker than this.

Don't forget to forewarn users that downgrading wipes the router back to it's default settings.

Anyway, I've nothing more to suggest/offer,  but like I've mentioned, I'm happy for the 'this solved my problem' to be unticked Smiley

Dahnak
Dabbler

although not particularly helpful, i am having the same issue on the .263

Regards

Darren

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@Dahnak, Could you complete the questionnaire regarding this? A copy can be found in This Post. Once you've done this if you add it to a reply on to this thread we'll pick it up and pass it on to the appropriate team for further investigation.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
scoobysnax1
Hooked

That would be great - cheers. Hopefully they can talk me in to staying with a sweet deal 🙂

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Send me a PM with your best contact number and I'll be happy to arrange a call. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet